If you’re from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (otherwise known as the UK), and you’re taking a short business or holiday to the USA, then you will need to apply for a US ESTA. ESTA stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization, and since 2010, has been a requirement to pass through US Immigration. Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about obtaining your ESTA.
Do British Citizens Need a Visa to Visit the USA?
Yes. The US allows UK citizens to use the “Visa Waiver Program,” but you still need an ESTA before you can travel. You can get a single ESTA if you’re traveling alone, or you can apply as part of a group.
How Long May British Citizens Stay in the USA?
You can remain in the US for no longer than 90 days at a time. The ESTA itself is valid for two years from the date of application, and you can come and go as many times as you like. You may not seek employment or permanent settlement, so you’re restricted to business visits and holidays only.
US Visa for UK Citizens. Fees and Costs
A US ESTA costs the sum of $14 US. This is the fee for every person entering the US. So if you’re applying for a family ESTA, the fee will be $14 times the number of people in your group.
US Visa for British Citizens. What Are the Requirements?
The only requirement is that you hold a valid UK passport, and have a valid ESTA to go with it. The exception is if you already have a US visa issued by a US embassy. In this case, you do not need an ESTA.
How Long Does It Take to Get a US ESTA?
If you have a valid passport and a debit/credit card, you can purchase an ESTA very quickly. The US Customs and Border Protection website allows you to buy a single or group ESTA. Alternatively, you can get one quickly and easily through iVisa.
US Visa for UK Citizens Application Form
The US Custom and Border Protection website has an application form and answers to many frequently asked questions. But as you’re here, you can also apply extremely quickly using iVisa’s convenient service.
How to obtain a US ESTA
British citizens can use the US ESTA website or get one quickly with the help of iVisa. You must have secured your ESTA before leaving the UK. If you’re flying via Dublin airport, you can go through US Customs and Immigration there, but you must still have purchased your ESTA before departing the UK.
Click here to start the process in getting your US ESTA. Our easy to use service makes getting a visa for any country an easy experience. Our staff is only a phone call away, or you can use our live help system. We have an ‘Excellent’ rating from 1,835 reviewers on Trustpilot. Gladys awarded us five stars and said: “It was the fastest application ever. Thank you much for your help.”. Chat online with one of our friendly staff members for more information, or apply immediately using the link above.
Apply for a United States Visa
United States Articles
- America secrets and how to apply visa online
- U.S. Visa for Australians
- USA ETA Frequently Asked Questions
- US Visa for British (UK Citizens)
- US Visa for French Citizens
- US Visa for Germans
- US Visa for Hungarians
- US Visa for Irish
- US Visa for Lithuanians
- US Visa for Malaysians
- US visa for Japanese
- US visa for Singaporeans
- US visa for Taiwanese
- United States visa for Andorrans
- United States visa for Austrian
- United States visa for Belgians
- United States visa for Bruneian
- United States visa for Chileans
- United States visa for Czech
- United States visa for Danish
- United States visa for Dutch
- United States visa for Estonians
- United States visa for Finns
- United States visa for Greek
- United States visa for Icelanders
- United States visa for Italian
- United States visa for Latvians
- United States visa for Liechtensteiner
- United States visa for Luxembourgers
- United States visa for Maltese
- United States visa for Monacan
- United States visa for New Zealanders
- United States visa for Norwegian
- United States visa for Portuguese
- United States visa for Sammarinese
- United States visa for Slovak
- United States visa for Slovenian
- United States visa for South Korean
- United States visa for Spaniards
- United States visa for Swedish
- United States visa for Swiss
- United States visa for Taiwanese