R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa
iVisa | 5 min read | Updated on Oct 05, 2023

Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US

What is the R Visa?

The R Visa is a nonimmigrant visa for temporary religious workers. If you’re someone who wishes to enter the United States to work in religious activities, the R visa is what you need.

Fill me in

Who can apply for the R Visa?

In order to qualify for an R Visa holder, you need to comply with the following:

  • You need to be a member of the same religious denomination as the religious organization you will be based in the United States for a minimum of two years before you request the petition for the R Visa.
  • Be appointed as a minister or in a religious vocation.
  • Be an employee of a non-profit religious organization in the United States.
  • Work at least 20 hours per week or on a part-time basis.

iVisa.com has all the details you need to know about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa.

All about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa

How much does it cost to apply for the R Visa?

The application fee for the R Visa is USD 190. Remember that you may spend on supporting documents and the logistics for the interview. According to your nationality, you may also pay an issuance fee once the R Visa has been approved.

We can explain all about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa.

How long does it take to process my A2 Visa?

It could take several weeks or even months to have your R Visa. First of all, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve your initial petition. After that, you need to complete the application and attend an interview at the nearest embassy or consulate. Scheduling the interview could take a while. The waiting period depends on your country of origin and the number of applicants at that time.

iVisa.com can accompany you with all you need to know about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa.

Can I apply for the R Visa online?

You can do part of the process through an online platform of the US immigration service. However, as you need to attend an interview at the US embassy or consulate, you need to do it in person.

Check more about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa with us.

How do I submit my R Visa?

  • File a Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker - Form I-129 to USCIS and wait for the approval.
  • Complete Form DS-260 and attach your photo during your application. Pay the application fees.
  • Schedule your interview and bring the documents to support your application. Expect an answer about your R Visa.

Don’t miss the chance to start your process, as it could take a while to go through all the steps. Let iVisa.com provide all the details about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa.

Required documents

  • Passport. The validity of your passport must be a minimum of 6 months beyond your stay in the US.
  • Form I-29. It must be submitted to USCIS.
  • Form DS-160. Print the confirmation page.
  • Photo. Upload your photo to the application.
  • Applicant payment receipt.
  • Receipt Number. You will have it when USCIS approves your petition.

Tips for filling out the R Visa forms

  • Use black ink. Whenever possible, complete the application through the online platforms provided by US immigration services. In any other case, use black ink.
  • Double-check your details. Remember that any mistakes could delay your application.
  • If you need to provide supporting documents, make sure they’re all in English.

Keep checking more about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa.

How does applying with iVisa.com work?

We offer you the following benefits:

  • Online applications with easy language. We have simplified the complicated processes of the US immigration service. We got your back!
  • Experts checking your documents. You will have an error-free application before it arrives at the official platform of the US Department of State.
  • 100% government complaint photos. In case you need a photo, we will make sure it complies with the photo requirements.
  • Advice throughout your journey. Any questions along the way? We have all the information about the R Visa or any other visa to enter the United States.

We can explain more details about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa. iVisa.com is your answer to all your requests.

Frequently Asked Questions

How is the interview for the R Visa?

The main purpose of the visa interview is to confirm whether you qualify to receive the R Visa. You must have all the documentation to prove you meet the requirements under US law. As part of the interview, digital fingerprint scans will be taken. The consular officer who attends your interview will tell you about the administrative processing and whether you need to provide more information to support your application.

Can I take my family members with my R2 Visa?

Your spouse and children (unmarried under age 21) may apply for R2 visas to join you in the United States. In this case, you need to prove you can sustain your family during your temporary work in the US. Immediate family members can study but not work in the United States.

This is a great opportunity for you and your family to start living in the United States, even on a temporary basis! Check more with iVisa.com.

Can I trust iVisa.com?

100%! We have been helping travelers and immigrants for years with all types of visas or travel procedures. We know how to obtain successful results, even with the most complicated procedures, such as the one provided by the US immigration service.

Our previous customers have left testimonials stating the excellent results they had with us.

I have some doubts. Who can I contact?

Communicate with our support agents immediately! We’re available 24 hours a day, and we can answer your inquiries about the R Visa | Religious Worker Visa | Ministry Visa.

iVisa.com is your first step to a dream life in the United States. It’s time to travel to the US!

Let's stay in touch!

Join our newsletter to receive the best traveling tips

© 2014-2023 iVisa.com. All rights reserved. iVisa and iVisa logo are registered trademarks of iVisa.com.

English - en |
Intercom Chat