en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
This is the process to renew your EVUS
6 min read
Updated on May 14, 2024

Please note that travelers coming from China, Hong Kong, and Macao need a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours before departure.

Non-US citizens must be still fully vaccinated to enter.

Once it is time for you to plan a trip to the U.S., it’s necessary to keep in mind that all documents required should be updated. If you’re from China, you have to apply for EVUS and you also have to travel with your Visitor Visa and valid passport. In case you’re wondering what to do if your EVUS expires, then you’ve come to the right place because you’ll learn with the following information all the steps required to renew your EVUS without complications.

Fill me in

It might be common to get bored when you renew a document, but with iVisa.com, this process will be easier and faster, and you'll be able to avoid the hassle. All you have to do is to read the FAQs below. This way, you’ll be able to follow the step-by-step to renew your EVUS as fast as possible.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does it mean “EVUS” for Chinese citizens?

Electronic Visa Update System or EVUS was launched in 2016, and it is an official system that authorizes Chinese citizens to travel to the United States legally by having a valid Visitor Visa and passport. After that, EVUS enrollment is a must.

How do I know if I’m eligible for EVUS?

To know if you qualify for the EVUS enrollment, you have to answer if:

  • You are a Chinese citizen.
  • You have a valid Chinese passport at the moment.
  • You are traveling to the United States for business or diversion.
  • You have to renew your EVUS.

Did you answer yes to all of these requirements? Then you’re ready to follow with the online process.

What documents are necessary to apply?

You don’t need a lot of documents to apply, and if you decide to use iVisa.com’s service, the process will be even more manageable. If you have to renew your EVUS, then you’ll need the same documents:

  • A Chinese passport with valid use (it isn’t expired).
  • A scanned copy of your passport information page.
  • A 10-year U.S. visa. It must be class B1, B2, or B1/B2.
  • A valid email address to receive your document.
  • A valid payment method. You can pay using a credit/debit card or even Paypal.
  • You also have to offer your contact information including your U.S. address.

What are the processing times and prices with iVisa.com?

When you enroll with EVUS, you can choose to do it with the Official EVUS Enrollment, which won’t cost you anything, but you’ll have to be wary with the process and you’ll probably have to wait a lot. While applying with iVisa.com’s service can be easier and faster. You’ll only have to spend 20 minutes filling in the EVUS form.

Regardless of your need of getting the EVUS for the first time or renew it, you have to pay for iVisa.com’s service, but the good thing is that you have three options to pay according to your budget. These are:

  • Standard Processing Time: 7 days - you must pay USD $70.99.
  • Rush Processing Time: 5 days - it will cost you USD $95.99.
  • Super Rush Processing Time: 3 days - it’s the fastest option, so it costs USD $141.99.

How can I apply for EVUS with iVisa.com’s service?

As you read in the information above, you can renew or enroll for your EVUS with the US Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security, but it can be tricky to understand this site, especially because it doesn’t include official translations.

On the other hand, if you apply with iVisa.com, you can apply or renew for your EVUS in just a few minutes with a trustworthy method. If you have any issues on the way, you can translate it to your official language or you can contact iVisa.com’s assistance to get help.

Here’s the list of steps:

1.First, complete the online application form with personal details. You have to choose your processing time as well.

2.Second, check that all your information is alright. You also have to pay for iVisa.com’s service with a credit/debit card or a Paypal account.

3.Third, upload the scan of your passport and B1/B2 visa, and after that, you’re ready to send the online form.

Once you finish the 3-step process, you’ll only need to wait for your EVUS according to the processing time you preferred and that’s it, no need to spend long hours reading more questions or extra steps.

How much time do I need to apply?

You shouldn’t spend more than 20 minutes filling in the online form designed by iVisa.com. It’s the same amount of time you can spend in a coffee break, so you don't have to worry about finding the best time to complete the process any day, even a business day.

Do Hong Kong citizens need to enroll with EVUS?

Only the citizens from the People’s Republic of China (PRC) can apply for the EVUS before traveling to the United States. The citizens with a passport from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) don’t need to enroll with EVUS.

The only exception is in the case of people living in Hong Kong but with a PRC passport. If that’s your case, then you still have to enroll with EVUS. This information remains the same if you have to renew your document.

What is the first thing that I should do to renew the EVUS?

As we mentioned before, you’ll have to apply for a new EVUS in case your current one is expired. What you should know is that the EVUS only expires 6 months before your passport or visa expires, whichever comes first. This document is also valid for Multiple Entry to the US for over 2 years after issued.

If you see that your EVUS is expired or is about to expire, then you’ll have to renew it by following the same process as if you were applying for a new one.

Where can I find more information about the EVUS renewal?

If you still have unresolved questions related to the EVUS enrollment, then don’t worry about it, we’re ready to help. You can contact us via chat, or you can read more information on iVisa.com’s website.

Apply for your EVUS now and don’t stress about paperwork while planning your next trip to the U.S.!

Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat