logo logo
en | $ USD

Woo Hoo! We've updated iVisa's brand! Hope you like it as much as we do.

Visa from UK to USA: Do You Need One?
iVisa | 5 min read | Updated on Feb 15, 2024

British citizens are under an American visa waiver program. If you have a British passport, you don’t need a US Visa; instead, you can apply for a US ESTA.

The ESTA permits qualifying nationalities to enter the US for tourism or business. Any traveler eligible for the ESTA can enter the US by air or sea. Plus, this document is very easy to get if you apply online with us!

Fill me in

What is an ESTA and what other documents do I need to visit the USA?

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an electronic system that helps to determine eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). This program allows travelers to visit the US without obtaining a visa. This document is for Multiple Entry purposes and allows travelers to stay in the US for 90 days Per Entry, and it remains valid for 2 years after issued.

You need the following items to apply for the ESTA online:

  • A passport valid for at least 6 months after your planned departure from the United States.
  • An active email address.
  • Your debit/credit card for payments.

What Can you do with a US ESTA

You might be asking yourself what you can and can't do if traveling to the USA under the ESTA as a UK citizen.

The following travel purposes do meet the requirements of the ESTA:

  • Tourism (on vacation to the USA)
  • Visiting friends or family who currently live there
  • Visiting clients or suppliers for business purposes
  • Undergoing medical treatment
  • Attending business meetings, negotiations, or conferences

The following travel purposes do not meet the requirements of the ESTA:

  • Entering into employment service with an American employer
  • Studying in the United States
  • Investing in or starting a company
  • Performing journalism-related activities

Working in the USA with an ESTA is allowed, provided the traveler does not enter into direct employment with an American company and works for a foreign entity. The traveler can be paid for their work performed in the USA, as long as the paying party is located outside of the USA. This way, it qualifies as a business trip and meets the requirements of the ESTA. A good example of this would be someone who is working remotely during their trip or is on a business trip supported by a UK employer.

How to Apply for a US ESTA as a UK Citizen

To apply for an ESTA, you will need your applicant photo and scan the passport personal details section.

The form we provide is broken down into three easy steps and won't take you longer than 10 minutes to complete.

Follow these steps to apply:

  • Step 1. Complete your application form online.

  • Step 2. Fill in all the required information and upload your additional documents (if required). Our visa experts will be available to guide you in making the process for your ESTA as simple as possible.

  • Step 3. Once we have your details, passport information, contact details, and security information, we will process your ESTA. You just have to choose the processing time that best suits your needs and pay for the service with your credit or debit card. See fees and processing options below.

Once you complete all three steps, just submit your application and wait for it to arrive in your email. You can have your Visa ready in as fast as 2 hours, perfect for anyone in a rush.

UK To USA Visa Fees

If you order an ESTA with iVisa, the price of your Electronic System for Travel Authorization will depend on the processing time you choose and the budget available. The ESTA isn’t free, but it’s not as expensive as you think. Besides, with our services, you can have it faster and easier. Check the options below.

ESTA - 2 Years, multiple entry

  • Standard Processing, ready in 24 hours and costs USD $39.49 - The most economical option available and most accessible to everyone if you are planning your trip in advance.

  • Rush Processing, a quicker option available with a waiting time of just 12 hours for USD $56.49

  • Super Rush Processing, available in 4 hours for USD $75.99 - The fastest option available for anyone in a bit of a rush to obtain the ESTA.

The ESTA comes with a Government fee of USD $21.00 and all of our processing fees include both Government and iVisa.com service charges.

Where do I Find More Information?

Feel free to contact our customer service team if you still have questions about this topic, or you can always check our website for more detailed information.

iVisa.com Recommends

The United States is a country of 50 states that encompasses a large part of North America. In addition to being one of the largest countries in the world, it is a territory full of landscape variety and a lot of cultural diversity it is diverse enough to have millions of inhabitants who speak other dominant languages aside from English, including Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Hindi, among others.

New York is perhaps its most famous city because it is a global financial and cultural center, but the capital city, Washington DC, is still quite popular. The same goes for Chicago, the metropolis of the Midwest, which is famous for its architectural influence. Not to mention the West Coast, where you can get to know Hollywood, and Los Angeles, a famous place thanks to the film industry.

The state of California is not to be missed and has something to see and do that suits every kind of traveler, from the island prison of Alcatraz or The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco to the mountains, lakes, and wildlife of Yosemite National Park. If you are an avid surfer or sports lover, somewhere like Huntington Beach, Santa Cruz, or Malibu would be a dream destination.

Aside from these territories, the United States has a lot of national parks and reserves where you can see not only huge mountains and photogenic landscapes but also clear skies that sometimes shine like diamonds, thanks to the stars. All of this is possible because of the number of Dark-sky reserves in the United States.

With so many things to offer, you’ll surely enjoy your visit there!

  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.uscis.gov/

Stay in touch!

Join our newsletter to receive the best traveling tips

Thanks! Please check your email and confirm you want to join our Newsletter.

© 2014-2024 iVisa.com. All rights reserved. iVisa and iVisa logo are registered trademarks of iVisa.com.

en flag English
Intercom Chat