en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
United States
67,000+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+46,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

How to Apply: Student F-1 Visa

How to Apply: Embassy Registration

Fill Out Online Application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Travel Safely

Your embassy will assist you if an emergency (eg. Natural disasters, civil unrest, etc) occur

Why Register with the Embassy

Travel Registration is a service provided by the government. This service allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad to the Department of State so it can be used to assist you in case of an emergency. People residing abroad can also get routine information from their nearest embassy or consulate if registered.

Required Information to Apply

Once You Have Registered With Your Embassy Or Consulate, You Will Need To Update Your Data If:

  • your contact details change,
  • your civil status changes,
  • you are going back to your home country.

Learn More: Student F-1 Visa

What you need to know

  • If you plan to study in the United States, you need a United States Student Visa.

  • The type of student visa (F visa or M visa) depends on your course of study and the type of school.

  • Your maximum stay depends on the entire duration of the study.

  • You can apply up to 365 days before your course starts, but entry to the United States is limited to 30 days prior to the start date with a 60-day post-graduation grace period allowing travel but prohibiting work in the U.S.

  • Allowed activities: Attend various educational institutions, work up to 20 hours per week while studying and work full-time during annual breaks.

  • You may need to attend a mandatory appointment, unless you’re 13 and younger or 80 and older, but our experts handle the scheduling. All you need to do is approve the date and get your documents ready.

Apply for the United States Student Visa from the comfort of your home!

Planning to study abroad? Simplify the process with us!

Our 50% shorter application form and expert guidance ensure you get your visa on time and without having to navigate the complexities alone. Say goodbye to paperwork hassles and hello to a seamless journey.

Apply with iVisa!

What is the United States Student Visa?

The United States Student visa allows you to study in the United States. There are three types of visas you can get:

F-1 visas for full-time students. F-2 visas for dependents (spouse and unmarried children under 21) of F-1 visa holders. F-3 visas for Mexican and Canadian students commuting across the border to attend school in the US.

To apply for either visa your passport must be valid for 6 months after the visa expiry, and have 2 blank pages.

How long is the United States Student Visa valid for?

The F-1 visa, valid for up to 5 years with multiple entries, and covers the entire study duration. Entry is permitted 30 days before studies begin, with a 60-day post-graduation grace period allowing travel but prohibiting work in the U.S.

What is the application timeline and processing duration for the U.S. Student Visa?

Students with F and M visas can secure them up to 365 days before their course starts, but entry to the United States is restricted to within 30 days before the course commencement date.

What can I do with the United States Student Visa?

With this visa, you’re allowed to;

  • Attend various educational institutions: university, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory.
  • Take part in a language training program.
  • Work up to 20 hours per week while studying.
  • Work full-time during annual breaks.

What can’t I do with the United States Student Visa?

Keep in mind that you can’t;

  • Take part in a short course that doesn't count towards a degree.

How to apply with iVisa?

  • Step 1: Fill out the first section of the visa application form.
  • Step 2. Pay the processing and visa fees securely online using a debit or credit card, Venmo, or PayPal.
  • Step 3.After payment is done, you’ll need to complete the remaining sections of your application form with the help of our manual guide.
  • Step 4: Once we review your application, we’ll submit it to the government and let you know if you need to attend a mandatory appointment. Don’t worry if you do, we’ll guide you with what to do, what to avoid, and what to bring when the time comes.

Start your application now!

Who needs to apply for the United States Student Visa?

If you’re wanting to study in the United States, you’ll have to apply for a student visa.

To see if you’re eligible, go to the iVisa website.

Benefits of getting your Visa with iVisa

  • Easy application: Complete our online application in just 20 minutes with step-by-step guidance.

  • Flexible pace: Boost your approval odds by taking your time; save and return whenever convenient.

  • Government-compliant support: We assist you through the entire process, ensuring compliance with government rules.

  • Comprehensive guidance: Get step-by-step guides, tips for tricky questions, a document checklist, and interview preparation support if needed.

Still curious? Read our reviews!

What will my United States Student Visa cost me?

  • The government fee is dependent on your nationality, however there is a standard visa fee of $185.00 and a SEVIS I-901 fee of $350.00.

Can I extend my United States Student Visa?

Unfortunately not. Your visa is only valid for the duration of your studies, with an additional 60-day grace period following your graduation.

Have you got more questions?

Reach out to our customer support team or email us at [email protected] for 24/7 assistance. Alternatively, you’re welcome to visit our FAQs below.


We’re accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and validated by the IATA Agency Code. If you’re keen to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Applying with iVisa will take you less than 20 minutes.
Sometimes the government requests extra documents after you've completed your application, however for the application, you’ll only need to provide a:
  • Color photo, taken in the last 6 months.
  • Passport scan.

Most applicants will need to attend a mandatory appointment at the U.S. embassy of their country

We recommend applying early for your visa as the appointment wait times vary by location, season, and visa category.

If you need to attend an appointment, we'll guide you through every step. Required documents usually include:

  • Passport: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in the United States.

  • Application, Form DS-160, form 1-20: Print and provide the confirmation page for Form DS-160.

  • Sevis I-901 receipt: Print and bring the receipt for Sevis I-901.

  • Accommodation confirmation and their contact information.

  • Detailed travel itinerary. Download our free template!

  • Application fee payment receipt: If required, bring the payment receipt for the application fee.

  • Photo: Bring a printed photo following the specified format in the photograph requirements

  • Proof of financial support: Such as copies of bank statements or stock certificates that demonstrate that you have enough funds to support yourself and cover your course expenses. The required amount may vary based on your individual circumstances.

The consular officer may ask for evidence related to:

  • Academic preparation: Provide transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from the schools you attended. Include any standardized test scores required by your U.S. school.

  • Departure tickets: Demonstrate your intent to leave the United States after completing your course of study.

  • Acceptance letter: A letter from the United States institution confirming your acceptance to be able to study.

Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat