Planning a trip to Angola? The country offers fantastic landscapes and is a paradise for nature lovers, with beaches, hills, forests, and waterfalls. Of course, seeing animals in their natural habitat also is an amazing experience! However, make sure to take all the steps to get the Angola visa on arrival.
You can obtain the pre-travel registration for the Angola visa on arrival online through iVisa. There are 65 countries whose citizens are eligible to apply through the country’s electronic visa system, including the United States.
Simply fill out the online application form and submit the Angola visa requirements for U.S. travelers. Then, wait for your eVisa to arrive via email. Read more about the Angola visa policy, how to apply, and visa costs for Angola in this article.
About the Angola Visa on arrival for citizens of the USA
Angola adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Since then, the country has allowed citizens of 65 countries to obtain a pre-arrival authorization online, the document that you are required to present to immigration officers to get the Angola Visa on arrival. U.S. passport holders are eligible to apply online for this Angola pre-registration.
The application is very straightforward. Simply fill out the form and receive the document via email. However, entry to Angola is not guaranteed until the traveler presents the eVisa pre-registration to immigration authorities and pays the Angolan Visa on Arrival fee of USD 120.00. You must pay the visa fee at the airport in Angola in cash.
The document can be used as both an Angola Tourist e-Visa or Business e-Visa. It is valid for a Multiple Entry.
Angola visa requirements for US citizens
There are certain visa requirements for U.S. visitors to get this visa pre-registration. Ensure you have all the following documents when you start to fill in the Angola ordinary visa application form:
- Applicant photo - It must be standard-sized with white background. You can also use the handy iVisa Photo Service.
- Original passport - You must provide a valid passport number and upload a scan of the passport page with your personal details. The traveler's passport validity should be at least 6 months after the entry date in Angola.
- International certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever.
- Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable).
- Negative PCR test result (if applicable).
- Proof of accommodation or hotel reservation.
- Return ticket flight.
- Proof of sufficient funds or bank statements showing the equivalent of USD 200 for each day of your stay in Angola.
Steps to apply for the Angola Tourist Visa for U.S. citizens
iVisa developed a visa application form that is easy and quick to fill out! Submit the requested information, and we will do the hard work of applying on your behalf. Simply follow these steps:
- First, fill out the form on iVisa application page with basic information about yourself and your trip.
- Second, choose the preferred processing time for your Angola e-Visa pre-registration. Pay the fee using a credit or debit card.
- Third, upload the required documents for your Angola visa and click ‘Submit.’
You will receive an email with a confirmation of your document. You must print it to present it to an immigration officer on arrival.
Angola Visa processing times and fees
We offer three different options to process your visa pre-registration for Angola. Choose the one that suits you best:
- Standard Processing: This is a good option if you have planned your Angola trip further in advance! It takes 8 days to process the document for a service fee of USD $171.99.
- Rush Processing: If you are leaving in a few days, you can get your Angola visa pre-registration in just 6 days for a fee of USD $215.99.
- Super Rush Processing: If you need your Angola pre-registration urgently, choose this option, which takes only 4 days for a service fee of USD $282.99.
Please note: Remember that you still have to pay the visa fee of USD 120.00 in cash at the airport to obtain your visa on arrival. The above prices reflect the processing fee for the pre-registration only.
View a sample of the Angola Visa pre-registration
Other things to note before traveling to Angola
Once you have decided to apply for your Angola visa pre-registration, make sure to catch up on all other entry requirements.
Do I need a yellow fever vaccine to visit Angola?
Yes, you do. U.S. passport holders have to present an international yellow fever vaccination certificate to enter Angola.
COVID-19 restrictions and requirements for Angola
Angola's entry requirements include a negative PCR test performed within 72 hours before departure. All arrivals will be tested again upon entry with a Rapid Antigen Test.
Who can I contact to learn more about the Angola visa online?
It is easy to apply for an Angola Tourist Visa with iVisa, but you may still have questions or concerns. If that is the case, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or email at [email protected]. Our customer support is at your service 24/7 and is free of charge.