A trip to Australia may include getting a visa or an electronic travel authorization, depending on your nationality. To learn which one you need, use our iVisa’s Visa Checker. Go to the top right corner of this page, there you will see the checker. Click on the button, select your nationality as in passport and select Australia as your destination. You will see all the information you need automatically.
However, you may still have some doubts related to the ETA Application Form, including if it's possible to apply for it on an Issuing Authority. That's why we decided to write this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Australian ETA document?
It is a special document that authorizes you to enter Australia, and it's only available to certain countries that are Australian visa-exempt. ETA means Electronic Travel Authorization. The ETA system was first introduced in 1996.
What Issuing Authority can offer the ETA?
As far as the Australia ETA is concerned, the issuing authority is the Department of Home Affairs. However, you do not have to necessarily apply with the authorities. iVisa team can assist you to get the ETA online in as little as just some minutes.
What requirements do I need if I want to apply online?
iVisa’s application process is short and straightforward. But first, you need to make sure that you have all you need. iVisa's requirements are easy to meet. Here you can find all you need to get the process started:
- A valid passport document – is mandatory for all applicants to have this document available and valid. It must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in the destination country.
- Payment – since this is an online application process, you will be required to make the payment in that way as well. You many options: can be a credit or debit card, but also iVisa accepts PayPal as well.
- Personal E-mail– Australia ETA will be electronically linked to your passport, so you won't need to print out this document. We need your e-mail to contact you, communication is very important to complete the process properly.
Once all of the above is at your disposal, you can fill the application form. The form is easy to complete.
What about the processing times and fees?
It will vary depending on how fast your want your ETA. Here you have the options:
- Standard – this is the slowest option available in iVisa, but don't think that it takes many days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, the application is processed within 24 hours. Regarding the fee, you will be charged USD 51.49.
- Rush – if you want something faster, this option can be the one. Your ETA document will be ready within just 4 hours, in this time you will be charged USD 81.99.
- Super Rush – this is the fastest way to obtain your Australia ETA for many customers the best option. You will get it in just 1 hour. This speed is awesome that is why is more expensive. It costs USD 118.99. Trust us, you will be so happy to have your ETA in your hands, so fast.
Keep in mind that these fees are mostly the same to every nationality with an ETA available, but it can vary. We recommend you to check it more properly here.
How long is the application process?
It will take no more than 15 minutes. Keep in mind that if you need help and guidance, iVisa has a wonderful support service for you that is at your disposal 24/7, do not worry it is free of charge.
How can I apply for an ETA online?
The application form is quite simple to complete online. There are two steps you must complete:
In the first part we need you to provide us general information as name, address, e-mail, the reason for travel, arrival and departure dates, passport information, and so on. Also, you need to select a processing time as well. iVisa gives you three options, but mind that your choice determines the cost of your Australia ETA.
In the second part you need to make the payment and revise the previous step. The revision is more important than you think. You are unable to make corrections once your application reaches the processing stage, and you can end up with an invalid ETA. Before you submit your application, we suggest that you check the form thoroughly so that it does not contain typos or other errors.
After step two is complete, you can submit your application. We will send the Australia ETA application form to the issuing authority for processing, and when it is done, we will let you know.
The bottom line is that while you are not compelled to make your application for an Australia ETA straight at the issuing authority, it is still a significant part of the whole process. After all, we are mere intermediaries. In other words, you don't need to apply for the ETA in any Issuing Authority, but keep in mind that depending on your case, it is always important to count on them just in case.
How many entries can I have with this ETA?
You can enter Australia many times, since you'll have a Multiple Entry visa.
How long is the ETA valid for?
Consider that this document has a validity of 1 year after issued.
How does this document look like?
Is there a place to read more information about the Australian ETA?
Yes, you can get more information about Australian ETAs and also its tourism, or even other FAQs that you could use here. Another way to get it, is to contact our customer service center in case you want something more personal.
As you have already checked, the requirements for an Australian ETA are nothing out of this world. With due diligence, you can finish them in a few minutes with no need to take a trip to the Embassy. Just make sure that you check all the Australian e-Visa requirements before you apply.