A trip to Australia may include getting a visa or an electronic travel authorization, depending on your nationality. To learn which one you need, you can use iVisa’s Visa Checker. You can see it in the top right corner of this page. Click on the feature, select your country of origin and put Australia as your destination. You will get the information you need in just a second.
As far as the Australia ETA is concerned, the issuing authority is the Department of Home Affairs. However, you do not have to necessarily apply with them. iVisa can help you get the ETA online in as little as 30 minutes.
How to apply for an Australia ETA
iVisa’s application process is short and straightforward. But first, you need to make sure that you have everything you need. iVisa does not ask for much, and the requirements are easy to meet. Here is what you need to provide so that iVisa can get the process started:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
Once all of the above is at your disposal, you can fill in the application form. The form is easy to complete, and you should not spend more than 15 minutes on it. Furthermore, if you need assistance, iVisa has a fantastic support service that is at your disposal 24/7 and is free of charge.
There are two steps you must complete. The first one asks for general information such as name, address, e-mail, reason for travel, arrival and departure dates, passport info, and so on. You are required to select a processing time as well. iVisa gives you three options, but mind that your choice determines the cost of your Australia ETA. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70.
Step number two asks that you make the payment and revise the previous step. The revision is more important than you think. You cannot make corrections once your application reaches the processing stage, and you can end up with an invalid ETA. Before you submit your application, we suggest that you check the form thoroughly so that it does not contain typos or other errors.
After step two is complete, you can submit your application. We will send the Australia ETA application form to the issuing authority for processing, and when it is done, we will let you know.
The bottom line is that while you are not compelled to apply for an Australia ETA straight at the issuing authority, it is still a significant part of the whole process. After all, we are mere intermediaries. The ETA is valid for 1 year since the issue date, and it grants you multiple entries in Australia. You can stay inside the country for up to 90 days per entry.