Barbadian citizens, same as many other nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa whenever they travel to Canada. This is because the citizens of Barbados are eligible for a Canada ETA. Fortunately, this type of document can be obtained online, and with iVisa, you can acquire it in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Barbados – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that meeting the requirements for a Canada ETA is a piece of cake. You need very few things, and the ones that are on the list are easy to put your hands on. Here is what is necessary for the online application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Barbados – the online application form
When you consider yourself ready, you can proceed to fill in the application form. The task at hand is not at all difficult, but if you have any questions regarding the process, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached non-stop and is free of charge.
iVisa created a 3-step application form. During the first step, all you have to do is provide some general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to select a processing time option for your application. Keep in mind that your decision determines the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
When you get to the second step, you must cover the payment, but you also have to go over your form to make sure there are no mistakes. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid travel document, in which case you must repeat the process.
The third and last step is the moment when iVisa asks that you upload the supporting documents of your application. When you are done, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to understand is that getting a Canada Visa for the citizens of Barbados is an easy thing to do when you apply with iVisa. The document at hand is valid for 5 years or until your passport expires, whichever happens first. You can use the Canada ETA multiple times, but you cannot stay within the country for more than 6 months at a time.