As a citizen of Brunei Darussalam, you are exempt from getting a visa if you travel to Canada for tourism purposes. However, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. iVisa can help you get the travel document you need in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Brunei Darussalam – requirements
Before you move on to fill in the application form, we recommend that you make sure you can fulfill all the requirements for an online application process. Luckily, the list is short and you may already have everything on it. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy. Most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Brunei Darussalam – the online application form
iVisa created a short and simple 3-step application form so that you have an easy time completing the task. However, if you are experiencing any difficulties along the way, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal day and night, and it is entirely free of charge.
During the first step of the application form, you are required to provide general information about yourself and a few details about your trip. At this point, you must also select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the cost of your Canada ETA depends on your choice. You are given three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
Moving on to step number two, this is the moment when you must handle the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain any errors. Failing to revise possible mistakes lead to an invalid ETA.
The last step is even more straightforward. iVisa asks that you upload the documents that support your application. If additional documents are required, you will be notified. Once you are done, you can hit the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that getting a Canada Visa for the citizens of Brunei Darussalam is a simple task with iVisa. The Canada ETA is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires. You can use the document for multiple visits to Canada, and you can stay there for a period that cannot exceed 6 months per visit.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.