According to Canada’s visa policy, the citizens of Chile are exempt from acquiring a visa when traveling to Canada for short visits. Nevertheless, you still have to get a travel document, but we are talking about a Canada ETA. The authorization can be obtained online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just half an hour.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Chile – requirements
What you have to do first is to make sure that you are ready for the online application process. Fortunately, a Canada ETA does not require much information and documents. You will only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Chile – the online application form
As soon as you have all of the above, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need help at any point, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
iVisa’s form is broken down into three simple steps. Step one only wants your personal information, passport number, as well as a few details regarding your trip to Canada. You must also choose a processing time for your application, and keep in mind that the price of your Canada ETA depends on that. You are given three excellent options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
When you get to the second step, you need to be extra careful because this is the point at which you have to make the payment and review your application. It is crucial that your form contains only correct information. Otherwise, your ETA will be invalid.
The third step focuses on supporting documents. iVisa will give you instructions on how to upload them. After you are finished with that as well, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take things further. But your job is done.
What is important to remember is that the citizens of Chile do not need a Canada visa per se, but a Canada ETA, which is a lot easier to obtain. The document you receive is valid for 5 years, it grants multiple entries and it allows you to stay in Canada for up to 6 months each time you visit.