Danish citizens, same as many other nationalities, do not need a visa when traveling to Canada. All the citizens of European Union countries are visa-exempt. Nevertheless, if you travel by air, you must obtain a Canada ETA before departure. The travel authorization is available online and iVisa can help you apply for it.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Denmark – requirements
The Canada ETA is not a complicated travel document to obtain, mainly because it does not require much effort on your behalf. However, you still must have at hand some information and documents for a successful application process. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Denmark – the online application form
Since you know what you need, we would like to inform you of what to expect when you fill in the application form. But first of all, know that iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop and free of charge should you need help or have some questions.
The form created by iVisa has three easy steps. Step one focuses on general information and processing time. As for the latter, keep in mind that the option you select determines how much money you spend on your Canada ETA. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step consists of payment and revision. Please be careful when you review your form because mistakes will invalidate your ETA, in which case you must repeat the application process for a new document. The third step is reserved for supporting documents. iVisa will instruct you on how to upload them. When you are done, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, while getting a Canada visa for the citizens of Denmark is not necessary, you still need to apply for a Canada ETA. The document you are sent is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires, whichever happens first. You can use the ETA to go to Canada as many times as you like, but you cannot stay there for a period that exceeds 6 months per visit.