Canada’s visa policy allows numerous nationalities to cross its borders without a visa, and the citizens of Latvia are among them. As a result, you are no longer required to pay a visit to the nearest Canadian embassy to apply for a visa. However, before your departure, you must obtain a Canada ETA if you travel by air. Fortunately, the document is obtainable online and iVisa can help you get it.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Latvia – requirements
The first thing you have to do before you apply for a Canada ETA is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. Below, you will find a list of what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Latvia – the online application form
Once you have everything you need, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should not have any difficulties completing this process, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
iVisa’s application form has three simple steps. Step one wants you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. The choice you make dictates the amount you spend on your Canada visa, so analyze them before making a choice. Here are the options you have at hand:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form so that the information within is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you can receive an invalid travel document, in which case you have to repeat the process for a new ETA.
The third step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you are free to submit your request. iVisa will handle the bureaucracy from that point on.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Latvia do not need a Canada visa per se. However, you do need to apply for a Canada ETA. The document at hand is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that happens first. You can go to Canada as many times as you like, but you can only stay there for 6 months at a time.