As stated by the visa policy of Canada, the citizens of New Zealand who plan a trip to Canada are not required to apply for a visa if their stay is short. However, traveling by plane means that you have to acquire a Canada ETA before your departure. Lucky for you, the document is obtainable online and iVisa can help you get it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of New Zealand – requirements
The first thing you have to do before you begin the application process is to put together everything necessary. Fortunately, you do not need much. iVisa will ask that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of New Zealand – the online application form
After you take care of the requirements, the next step implies that you fill in an application form. You should spend about 20 minutes on it, and if you need assistance at any point, know that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
iVisa created a 3-step application form so that you have an easy time going through it. The first step only asks for general information and for you to select a processing time for your application. As for that, keep in mind that the choice you make affects the timeframe in which your Canada ETA is ready, as well as its price. Here are the options you have at hand:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The second step wants you to cover the payment, as well as to reread your form with care so that you can make sure it does not contain any errors. Even the smallest mistake can invalidate your ETA, in which case you have to repeat the application process for a new one.
Step three requires you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. After you are done, click on the submit button and iVisa will take it from there. But your job is done.
The bottom line is that as a citizen of New Zealand, you only need a Canada ETA when you travel to Canada for short visits. The ETA is valid for 5 years since issue, and you can use it to go to Canada as many times as you can in that period. However, your stay is limited to 6 months per entry.