Spanish citizens, like 53 other nationalities, are visa-exempt when it comes to a short visit in Canada. However, according to Canada’s visa policy, as a Spanish national, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA if you plan to travel by air. Lucky for you, the document is available online, and with iVisa, it can be ready for use in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Spain – the requirements
One of the first things on your to-do list when you want to apply for a Canada ETA is to make sure that you fulfill the requirements. However, there is no reason for you to worry because the list is short. You only need the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Spain – the online application form
After you put together everything necessary for the online application process, you can move forward and fill in the online form. You should not find the task complicated, but if it happens to have questions or concerns, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal day and night. The service does not charge.
When you access the application page, you will see that iVisa’s form is broken down into three steps. Step one is reserved for general information and processing time. As for the latter, you need to make a choice because you are given multiple options. The decision you make determines how much money you are charged for your Canada ETA. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are granted by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
Step number two requires you to insert your payment details, but you also have to review the provided information, while the third step wants you to upload your application’s supporting documents. After the three steps are complete, you can submit your request. iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to understand from all this is that as a citizen of Spain, you do not need a Canada visa per se if you plan a short visit. You must, however, get a Canada ETA before your departure. The travel authorization is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires, if that happens first. You can use it for multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for up to 6 months per entry.