en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
5 min read
Updated on Feb 16, 2024

The citizens of the Solomon Islands who travel to Canada for short stays do not need a Canadian visa if they travel by air. On the contrary, these citizens must acquire a Canada ETA.

Fortunately, the travel authorization is obtainable online, and if you use the services rendered by iVisa, you can obtain it in as little as 6 hours.

In this post, you'll learn more details about this authorization, including what requirements you need and also what are the processing times and fees.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Is it necessary to get a visa to enter Canada?

NO, it is not necessary. What you must possess is an ETA, which is an important authorization that permits you to enter Canada.

What is an ETA for Solomon Islander Citizens?

The ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization is a particular system that gives you lawful permission to enter Canada. It is available only to countries that do not need a visa.

How Long Can Solomon Islanders be in the country of Canada?

Once you obtain your ETA, you can be there for 180 days Per Entry.

What documents do I need to apply?

You will be gratified to learn that the Canada ETA is almost effortless to get, mainly because the process is not as demanding as the one you may come across at an embassy. You will only need the following for a successful application process:

  • Valid passport – If you want to obtain an ETA, you must get a passport with a validity of 6 months minimum from the arrival date in Canada. Keep in mind that an expired passport means an expired ETA, and if you get a new passport, you must get a new ETA as well.

  • A valid e-mail address – The application process is entirely online, so you will receive the ETA through an e-mail. That is why you must offer a valid e-mail address.

  • Proper payment options – For the same reason as above, you need to have an online payment option. iVisa accepts multiple methods, including credit or a debit card, but PayPal is accepted too.

How Long is the Canadian ETA valid for?

Your Canadian ETA is valid for 5 years after issued or until passport expires.

Can I know the prices and processing times??

The price of a Canadian ETA is determined by the timeframe in which you want your application to be processed. iVisa offers you three options:

  • Standard processing – You'll have your digital permission in 24 hours, and the payment is USD $49.49.

  • Rush processing – it is a faster alternative and your Canada ETA will be ready to use in 12 hours and the total price will be USD $86.49.

  • Super Rush processing – pay USD $130.49, and you'll get your travel authorization in 6 hours.


You just need at least 20 minutes of your day and that's it!

What to expect when you fill in the application form?

As far as the application form is concerned, you should have an easy time completing this task. Plus, iVisa’s customer support service is available non-stop and free of charge in case you need some help.

The form is divided into three easy steps:

  1. The first one focuses on general information and processing time. This is the moment when you have to decide your preferred processing time.

  2. The second step consists of payment and revision.

  3. The third step is made to upload other documents that support your request. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows. Your job in this part is done!

Getting a Canada ETA for the citizens of the Solomon Islands is something easy to get. iVisa does most of the work for you.

How many entries do I get with an ETA?

If you're Solomon Islander, you'll have a Multiple Entry ETA.

If I want to travel with my kids do they have to get an ETA as well?

If you travel with kids that are less than 18 years old, then they only have to travel with proper documents and get the same entry conditions as adults. Contact us if you want more information.

Does the Canadian ETA give me an automated entry to the country?

One of the main principles of iVisa is to offer proper information. That's why we strongly indicate that having a Canada ETA doesn't always grant you to enter Canada.

Once you arrive, note that the final permission is given by the Canadian authorities.

Is it mandatory to apply for an ETA every time I visit Canada?

No, you don't need to apply for the ETA every time you travel there. Your ETA is valid for five years or the same as the passport's validation period, so you can enter Canada whenever you want as long as your permission document is valid.

Can you show me a model of a Canadian ETA?

Fill me in


Enter this link to start your application using iVisa's services. Nevertheless, if you have doubts or questions about the formulary, you can contact us. You can also find info about this electronic authorization on this website.

Don't lose the chance to explore the beauties of Canada! This country is full of surprises, and if you're from the Solomon Islands, then you're lucky enough to only depend on an ETA! Start your journey today!

Fill me in
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.

  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat