The citizens of Egypt are eligible for a Cuba Tourist Card. It means that Egyptian nationals are not required to go to the Cuban embassy to get their visa, but they can apply online using the services rendered by iVisa. The process is entirely online, and you can have your visa in no more than 1 business day if you apply in the AM. iVisa will do most of the work, and all you need to do is fill in a short and simple form.
Cuba visa for Egyptian citizens – requirements
Fortunately for all applicants, the requirements for a Cuba Tourist Card are easy to meet. You need a passport and to fill in an application form. iVisa will not ask you to upload any documents during the application process. Nevertheless, you will need to have the following documents on you once you arrive in Cuba:
- Passport – the passport you have needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to get a new one.
- Tourist Card – the document that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba.
One thing that is worth mentioning is that children cannot travel to Cuba on their parents’ documents, so you need to apply for a Tourist Card for every child that accompanies you.
Processing time and fees
The cost of a Cuba Tourist Card depends on the visa type and the processing time you select while you fill in the application. Since you are an Egyptian citizen, you need to choose the International Tourist Card. As for the processing time, iVisa gives you three excellent options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives in 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The application form
iVisa has designed a short and simple application form that you should complete in no more than 10 minutes. If you need some help with it, you can contact iVisa’s support service which is available 24/7.
There are two steps you need to complete. The first one consists of a personal and travel information form, but you must also select the visa type and the processing time. The second step will ask you to make the payment and revise step one. The revision should not be underestimated because you cannot make any corrections after your application reaches processing. Errors in your form lead to you repeating the process. The payment can be made using one of the multiple means iVisa accepts. You can use a credit/debit card, a PayPal account, Alipay, or WeChat. Once you are done, all you have to do is submit the application and wait.
As you can see for yourself, getting a Cuba visa for the citizens of Egypt is highly accessible. The document you receive grants you a 30-day stay in Cuba with the possibility of getting a 30-day extension for which you can apply when you are in Cuba. The visa allows a single entry.