Learn More: Traveler Health Declaration (COVID-19)
Content updated, November 2023
PLEASE NOTE: This travel document is no longer required to enter the country.
Ecuador opened for international travel, welcoming all foreign tourists to explore its attractions. Whether you're visiting historical Quito, the fantastic Amazon rainforest, or the mystical Galapagos Islands, you must fill out a Health Declaration Form to enter Ecuador.
Like many other countries in South America, Ecuador established a series of entry requirements meant to curb the spread of COVID-19 within its borders. Below, we'll explain everything you need to know about this mandatory travel document and how you can safely visit Ecuador on your next holiday.
What is the Ecuador Health Declaration Form?
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration is a travel form that states the traveler's health status with the main goal of reducing the COVID-19 infection rate. With this form, local authorities can quickly identify potential virus outbreaks and take the necessary measures to safeguard public health. In the Health Declaration, travelers must truthfully state vital data such as their state of health, flight details, vaccine status, and emergency contact info.
Whether you enter through Rumichaca international border crossing, any of Macará International border crossings, or any airport in the country, you will need to process your health declaration to be allowed to enter.
The health declaration does not replace a visa. If you need a visa to enter the country, we recommend contacting the nearest Ecuadorian Embassy to learn about the visa requirements for your country of origin. But if you're unsure whether you'll need a visa to enter Ecuador, take advantage of the visa checker tool on our homepage. You'll only need to enter your country of origin and destination (in this case, Ecuador), and we'll tell you exactly what you need for your trip.
Who needs to apply for the Health Declaration Form?
All passengers arriving in Ecuador must complete a Traveler Health Declaration (COVID-19) to get authorization to enter the country. This rule includes foreign tourists and returning Ecuadorian citizens. In addition, travelers arriving by commercial flights will be asked to show their health forms before boarding their flight.
How long is the Health Declaration Form valid for?
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration Form can be used to enter the country only once, regardless of how long you will remain within its borders.
Every time you want to enter Ecuador, you must fill out a new health form.
What documents do I need to apply for the Health Declaration Form?
To obtain this health declaration, you will need to upload one or several of the following documents:
- A scan of your passport's information page or ID
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
Once your application is processed, you will receive your document via email. This document is electronically linked to your passport.
Do I need a Health Declaration Form if I'm transiting through Ecuador?
Yes, all passengers entering Ecuador, whether through a commercial flight or land border, must abide by the local laws and fill out a health declaration form before their trip.
How do I apply for the Health Declaration Form online?
To obtain your Health Declaration to visit Ecuador, you'll need to complete the following steps:
- First, fill out the application form with your personal and travel information.
- Second, make sure that all the fields have been correctly filled and upload the supporting documents. The scans need to be clear and free of smudges.
- Third, pay for your health form using a credit or debit card and submit your application.
What are the costs and processing time of the Health Declaration Form?
The price for your health form will depend on how fast you want to receive it. You should apply for this travel document within 24 hours of your trip. But if you're in a rush, we have options that will meet your needs.
- Standard Processing Time - Get your health form in 24 hours and pay USD $93.99 for it.
- Rush Processing Time - It takes only 4 hours to complete your request for USD $162.99.
- Super Rush Processing Time - Get your health form in just 30 minutes by paying USD $259.99.
Traveling with minors
Every traveler over six years old must obtain a health declaration form. It's the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to fill out an application for them.
What are the exempt countries?
There are no exempt countries for the traveler's health declaration form.
COVID-19 Entry Requirements
There are no testing requirements to enter Ecuador.
COVID-19 vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Ecuador.
Quarantine and Health Insurance
There are no quarantine requirements upon arrival. Having traveler's health insurance is also not required, but highly recommended to access emergency assistance in case of COVID-19 infection.
Applying with iVisa.com
We have been processing travel documents for years and have worked hard to simplify our processes. Getting your health declaration doesn't have to be a headache. You can access updated information and ongoing assistance when you use our services. Additionally, thanks to our state-of-the-art data centers, you'll be confident that your information is always secure.
Where can I learn more?
Reach out to our impressive customer service team at any time if you require assistance. They will be able to guide you throughout the application process.
Required Documents to Apply
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration should be filled out by all nationalities, including Ecuadorian citizens who have visited other countries and are returning to Ecuador.
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration is a Single Entry document.
Upon arrival in Ecuador, you need to present your biometric passport along with your Traveler Health Declaration.
Travelers must have a passport with at least 6 months of validity from the planned date of entry.
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
When should I apply for the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
How long does it take to apply for the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
Can I get this form for free?
Learn more about Ecuador tourism
Where can I read more?
- How can citizens of Ecuador enter Ecuador during coronavirus?
- Ecuador Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Ecuador?
- COVID-19 PCR Test required for Citizens who visit Ecuador
- Traveling to Ecuador and its COVID-19 isolation requirements
- Entry requirements to visit Ecuador during COVID-19
- How can Citizens of Colombia enter Ecuador during coronavirus?
- How can citizens of the United States of America enter Ecuador during Coronavirus?
- Requirements for citizens of Peru who want to enter Ecuador during coronavirus
- Information for citizens of Spain who want to enter Ecuador during coronavirus
- Vital info for citizens of Argentina traveling to Ecuador during coronavirus
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This app does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.presidencia.gob.ec