ETIAS Visa - Top 5 countries to visit for first time travelers to Europe
If this is your first time traveling to Europe and you don’t know where to start, don’t fret! We’ll share with you the countries and sights you cannot miss when visiting the old continent for the first time.
But remember, before traveling to Europe check out if you’re among the 62 countries that don’t need a visa to enter the Schengen zone, but do require the ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) to visit. You can check that out at iVisa.com. And stay until the end, we will share prices and requirements to get your ETIAS quickly, easily and 100% online.
Let 's go!
This is a great country to start your trip around Europe. If you want to take the traditional route, then go to Paris. All the big sights are there: the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum and the Arch of Triumph, just to name a few. You can take a walking tour, explore the city by bike or take a river cruise through the Seine. It doesn’t matter which way you prefer to explore the city, because Paris looks great from every angle.
Now if you prefer to travel off the beaten path, we recommend visiting the lovely French villages. It’s like stepping right into a French novel. Each village has their own shops, so you’ll still be able to enjoy delicious French food or find fresh local produce. Many villages are tucked away in the mountains so you’ll also have the opportunity to explore nature and delight in France’s stunning landscapes.
Some of the villages we recommend are: Rochefort-en-Terre, Brittany, Saint-Céneri-le-Gérei, Normandy, and Pesmes, Burgundy.
There are over 42 official UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Germany, which makes it a very culturally rich country. The capital alone will show you glimpses of the Prussian Empire, WWII and the Berlin Wall. In Berlin you can also find majestic buildings like the Berliner Dom, and incredible museums, many of them especially located in the museum’s island.
There are also many amazing festivals that happen in Germany, the most popular of them being the Oktoberfest in Munich. Here you can drink lots of beer and eat traditional German food. The Oktoberfest is a great celebration of German culture.
And if you want a laid back plan and enjoy the breathtaking views of the German countryside, take a river cruise on the Rhine and the Maine. Along the river banks you can appreciate elegant old castles nestled in the mountaintops, and vineyards all over. It’s a unique experience to see Germany from a different perspective.
Let’s start with the obvious, one of the main reasons to visit Italy is the food. Italian food is worldwide known for being delicious. From pasta and pizzas to cakes, pastries and gelato, there’s something for everyone. Feel free stroll around Rome with a gelato, or try a margherita pizza in Naples.
Italy also houses a lot of historical sites, like the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and St Peter’s Square. If you’re interested in delighting yourself in Italian art, Florence would be the place to be. Visit the Uffizi Gallery where you can admire stunning works of art like “The Birth of Venus” by Sandro Botticelli, or sculptures by the great Donatello, like in the churches of San Lorenzo and Orsanmichele.
And if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, you can explore the outdoors. Italy has incredible natural landscapes like stunning beaches in Sardinia, mighty mountain peaks in Piedmont or Friuli Venezia Giulia, and soft rolling hills in Tuscany.
This iberic country has some of the most interesting festivals worth experiencing. Among our favorites is La Tomatina, a tomato throwing festival which happens in the city of Buñol on the last Wednesday of August. Another great festival is the Wine Rioja Festival, which is a whole week of fun activities and lots of wine.
These two festivals happen in traditional Spanish towns where you can enjoy the architecture, local food and natural landscapes. In Buñol, there’s a castle that dates back to the thirteenth century and it’s one of the town's main tourist attractions.Right outside the town, there are also several trails, rivers and caves to explore. There are also some amazing wells and lakes where you can take a dip in the summer.
In La Rioja, besides enjoying a fantastic tour through the vineyard, you can also take some time to enjoy the local cuisine. Spanish food is simply delicious. Try Paella, tortillas and tapas while you enjoy one of the best wines in the world.
Did you know that Portugal is considered the 4th most peaceful country in the world only after Iceland, New Zealand and Denmark?
This laid back country is great to visit on your next holiday, especially if you’re looking to slow down and chill.Take a gondola ride to slowly sail the canals of Aveiro, also known as the Venice of Portugal. Wander through the alleys of the village of Monsanto and take some amazing pictures of the breathtaking architecture, or disconnect from the world in one of the magnificent beaches in the Algarve. Portugal has something for anyone looking to enjoy some quiet time.
However, if you are looking to add some fun to your relaxing holiday, try visiting Albufeira. It’s a coastal town that boasts one of the best nightlife in Europe. Avenida Sá Carneiro, also known as the strip, has over a kilometer long of bars, restaurants and live music arts. So, if you want to spend your nights dancing and your days relaxing at the beach, Portugal is the place to be.
But none of this is possible without your ETIAS. Remember that at iVisa.com we offer you a fully online and hassle-free service to get it easily and as soon as you need it. You’ll just need to fill out our short online application and provide personal information, number of passport or other travel document, and name of the first Schengen Zone member state you will enter. Once your request is approved, you’ll get your travel authorization via email to present it to the migration officers. But if you have any questions, feel free to check out our product page or contact our customer support team. They’re available to help you 24/7.
Getting your travel permits is really easy with iVisa.com, giving you more time to plan your holidays and enjoy yourself.
- ETIAS For Citizens Of Peru: What You Really Need To Know
- ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua: Your Travel Helping Hand
- ETIAS for Citizens of Montenegro: All You Need to Know
- What to know about the ETIAS for Citizens of Moldova?
- ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras
- ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia: Some extra information
- What you should know about the ETIAS Biometrics
- ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia
- ETIAS for Citizens of Chile
- ETIAS for citizens of Albania: How can I apply for it?
- ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay
- ETIAS for Citizens of the United States of America
- ETIAS for citizens of Vanuatu
- ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay: A Treasure Trove of Details
- ETIAS for Citizens of Panama: What should I Know?
- ETIAS for Citizens of Palau: Get to know more
- ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand: What Should You Know
- ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru: Your Guide
- ETIAS for Citizens of the United Arab Emirates
- ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine
- ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga
- ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu
- ETIAS length of stay: What you should know
- ETIAS for EU Residents
- These are the ETIAS member states
- Learn about the ETIAS and how to apply
- ETIAS and Dual Citizenship: What you should know about it
- Facts about the ETIAS Multiple Entry
- Learn more about the ETIAS background and security questions
- What are the ETIAS Requirements?
- ETIAS Application Form
- What is an ETIAS visa waiver?
- Which countries need ETIAS Visa?
- What is the ETIAS Visa Cost?
- ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore
- ETIAS for Citizens of Timor
- ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan
- ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea
- ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles
- ETIAS for Citizens of Serbia
- ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa
- ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent
- ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia
- What to know about the ETIAS for Citizens of Japan?
- Details about the ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia
- Things to know about the ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico
- Facts about the ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius
- Information on the ETIAS for Citizens of Marshall Islands
- Details about the ETIAS for citizens of Malaysia
- Learn about the ETIAS for Citizens of Macao
- Know about the ETIAS for Citizens of Kiribati
- Read about the ETIAS for citizens of Israel
- ETIAS for citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina: Learn more
- ETIAS for citizens of Antigua and Barbuda: How to get it
- ETIAS for citizens of Argentina: Check requirements
- ETIAS for citizens of Bahamas: How to get it
- ETIAS for citizens of Barbados: All about it
- ETIAS for citizens of Brazil: How can I apply for it?
- ETIAS for citizens of Canada: Check requirements
- ETIAS for citizens of Costa Rica
- ETIAS for citizens of Dominica
- ETIAS for citizens of El Salvador
- ETIAS for citizens of Georgia
- ETIAS for citizens of Grenada
- ETIAS for Citizens of Guatemala
- Etias for Citizens of Hong Kong
- Etias for citizens of Brunei: All about it
- Etias for citizens of Australia: Learn more about it
- News on France ETIAS Validity