Get Your Fiji Travel Insurance Online!
Learn More: Travel Insurance
This content was updated in September 2022
Fiji is a group of 333 islands located in the South Pacific. Recognized worldwide as a country of beautiful beaches, blue ocean, coral beaches, lazy palm trees, and vivid reefs, this destination is considered one of the most incredible in the world. The country offers everything from adventure to relaxation in equal parts, making it a favorite destination for families, honeymooners, and groups of friends.
Whether you plan to hike in the rainforest, scuba dive, surf, or sunbathe on the beach, Fiji is a perfect destination. But it's essential to keep in mind that no matter what activity you want to do, for your safety, it's always a good idea to purchase travel insurance to cover your needs in case of accident, illness, or emergency.
iVisa can help you arrange this insurance easily. Just follow the required steps, and you will be ready to apply for travel insurance for Fiji.
Travel Insurance Fiji – Get it Online Now!
What is Fiji Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is an extremely valuable document, as it provides maximum security while traveling in the country. But not all insurances have the same coverage, so it is important to know what travel insurance and immigrant medical insurance coverage are available.
Usually, the comprehensive travel insurance policy covers for trip cancellation, trip interruption, medical assistance, emergency medical transportation, lost or damaged luggage, baggage delay, and travel delays, among others. Nowadays, some insurance plans include protection against COVID-19.
What does travel insurance cover?
Most trip insurance policies cover the following:
- Trip cancellation: This insurance allows you to reimburse prepaid and non-refundable expenses for your trip if the reason for cancellation is within the insurance coverage. Usually, valid reasons are medical injury, hospitalization of a family member, unforeseen natural disaster, and finally, a legal obligation with a formal letter.
- Trip interruption: If you must return home in the middle of your trip due to an unforeseen event, trip interruption coverage reimburses you for the unused portion of your journey and covers return expenses.
- Travel medical insurance: The insurance policy provides coverage for medical treatment and dental emergencies during the trip. Dental usually only covers some but not all procedures. This does not cover pre-existing medical conditions.
- Emergency medical transportation: The emergency medical transportation benefit provides medical transportation to the nearest hospital or to the one best prepared for an emergency. This includes emergency medical evacuation from the hotel, house, or wherever emergency assistance has to pick you up.
- Lost or damaged baggage: If your luggage is lost, damaged, or stolen during your trip, the insurance will reimburse you for replacing the items in the suitcase. Monetary coverage is estimated based on information provided by the traveler.
- Baggage delay: Travelers whose baggage is delayed due to an airline inconvenience will be reimbursed for purchasing essential items.
- Trip delay: The insurance may reimburse expenses when your trip is delayed for a covered reason.
To learn more about the travel insurance policy, you can contact our experts to help you with this information. The cheapest travel insurance is not the right solution; it is best to be secure with full coverage.
How long is Fiji Travel Insurance valid?
Fiji travel insurance is a travel document that has two types of insurance. One has a validity of 15 days after arrival and the other has a validity of 30 days after arrival. The two types of insurance are only valid for a Single Entry.
Travel requirements and required documents for Fiji Travel Insurance?
To apply for travel insurance in Fiji, you need to have these documents:
- Passport: You need to submit your passport details for insurance information. Your passport data must always match all travel documents.
- Additional information: Date of travel and hotel information so that the insurance company can be aware of where you are and what dates you are staying.
- Email: An email address is required so that iVisa can send you the travel document.
- Payment method: You can pay for the process with a debit/credit card.
Do I need Fiji Travel Insurance to transit through Fiji?
No! Insurance is only necessary if you are going to enter the country. However, it is vital to have travel insurance coverage when traveling.
How do I apply for the Fiji Travel Insurance?
To purchase Fiji travel insurance, you only need to follow 3 simple steps. This process should not take you long. You only need to do the following:
- Step 1: Fill out the questionnaire iVisa provides to start the process; you will be asked for your general and travel details. In this step, you will also have to choose the type of processing.
- Step 2: Check that all the information entered is correct and then make the payment. If your data is not correct, your process may be rejected.
- Step 3: Upload the necessary documents to process the insurance. Remember, pre-existing conditions are excluded from the insurance policy and don't have to be uploaded.
You will receive a confirmation email at the address you have entered. If you do not find it in your inbox, it may be in SPAM.
What are the costs and processing times of Fiji Travel Insurance?
There are three processing alternatives, each varying in processing time and price. The fee will vary depending on the type of travel insurance you want to purchase. They are as follows:
15 days Fiji Travel Insurance:
- Standard Processing Time: USD $89.99 – 2 Business Days.
- Rush Processing Time: USD $125.99 – 1 Business Day.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD $165.99 – 12 hours.
30 days Fiji Travel Insurance
- Standard Processing Time: USD $134.99 – 2 Business Days.
- Rush Processing Time: USD $178.99 – 1 Business Day.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD $228.99 – 12 hours.
Do minors need Fiji Travel Insurance to enter the country?
All travelers must have their own travel insurance to enter the country, regardless of age.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Fiji?
The requirement for pre-departure testing or post-arrival testing is lifted.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Fiji?
International travel to Fiji is permitted for vaccinated travelers only. All travelers aged 16 and over must present a valid international certificate of complete vaccination against COVID-19. The final dose must have been administered at least 14 days before travel.
Accepted vaccines are AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covishield, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), and Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty).
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Fiji?
No, you don't. Fiji does not have quarantine requirements to follow at this moment.
What else should I know about Fiji?
This country has a warm and humid tropical climate. Temperatures are high throughout the year, making it a perfect vacation place. However, the best time to travel to the Fiji Islands is from June to August. Hotels and flights should be booked in advance.
Be careful from December to March. Even in summer, cyclones, and hurricanes are frequent and will not allow you to vacation with peace of mind, or often cancel your flight.
Another important travel tip is regarding the type of currency. Although the Fiji Islands currency is the Fijian Dollar (FJD), you can change your currency to the Fijian Dollar at the airport, at the bank, or at a bureau de change, but you may be charged high commissions. Therefore, credit cards are recommended to avoid carrying cash or losing out on exchange fees.
Where can I contact you?
Required Documents to Apply
The Fiji Travel Insurance is part of the required documents you will need to enter Fiji, but it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you enter Fiji. Some nationalities will require a paper visa. If that is your case, we suggest you visit your local embassy.
Fiji Travel Insurance is only valid for a Single Entry.
Fiji Travel Insurance has two types of insurance; the first is valid for 15 days after arrival and the other is valid for 30 days after arrival.
All travelers aged 16 and over must be fully vaccinated to enter Fiji.
Was this page helpful?
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.