Learn More: Pre-Arrival Registration
From January 2017, Indian citizens can enter Hong Kong by completing a pre-arrival registration online. This document allows them to enter the country during a transit or for a planned visit to Hong Kong. The permitted stay you have for each entry is 14 days for six months (or until the date your Indian passport expires.) Consider that if you travel by air and do not leave the airport transit area, you will not be required to complete this document.
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, the pre-arrival registration must be presented to the Immigration Officer along with the Health Declaration in order to enter Hong Kong. Hopefully, at iVisa we can offer you both documents without the need to process them at the same airport. Do not need to be worried about anything anymore, because we will take care of the whole process!
Required Documents to Apply
Indian passport with at least 6-month validity
Credit/debit card or PayPal account
Travelers who wish to visit Hong Kong must have an Indian passport valid for at least 6 months beyond their planned date of entry.
On each visit, the registrant may stay in the HKSAR for up to 14 days Per Entry.
Visitors must leave Hong Kong within 14 days Per Entry. If there is a special/urgent need to stay longer, visitors may request an extension of stay application up to 7 days before their visa expires.
Pre-arrival registration for Indian nationals will be valid for six months, or until the expiration date of their Indian passport, whichever comes first.
In cases where pre-arrival registration is denied/unsuccessful, Indian nationals can apply for an entry visa from the Hong Kong immigration department in-person.
If the applicant renews or replaces his/her Indian passport or changes his/her personal details after pre-arrival registration, the registrant must re-apply for pre-arrival registration using the new passport or personal details.
We suggest that passengers verify their information, print out the documentation, and bring a physical copy of it on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system, however, we highly recommend that clients keep a physical or electronic copy.
Due to the current situation in the world, Hong Kong is now requiring a Health Declaration which is aimed at all nationalities planning to enter Hong Kong. This means that you will not only need a pre-arrival registration, but also, the health declaration.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Hong Kong?
Vaccination requirements to travel to Hong Kong
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
Do I need a COVID-19 test to travel to Hong Kong?
Will I be required to quarantine once I get to Hong Kong?
Yes. All travelers must quarantine and need to present their reservations in a designated quarantine hotel. How long travelers must quarantine depends upon the country they are arriving from, not on their nationality as well as the traveler's vaccination status.
- All travelers from high-risk countries need to quarantine for 21 days at a designated hotel and undergo 4 tests during quarantine and also on day 26.
- Unvaccinated travelers from medium-risk countries need to quarantine for 21 days at a designated hotel and undergo 4 tests during quarantine.
- Vaccinated travelers from medium-risk countries need to quarantine for 14 days and undergo 3 tests during quarantine and also on day 16 and 19.
- Unvaccinated travelers from low-risk countries need to quarantine for 14 days and undergo 3 tests during quarantine and also on day 16 and 19
- Vaccinated travelers from low-risk countries need to quarantine for 7 days and undergo 2 tests during quarantine and also on day 9 and 12.
High-risk countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, France, Greece, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Malaysia, Nepal, The Netherlands, Pakistan, The Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom or the United States
Low-risk countries: New Zealand, the Mainland or Macao
Medium-risk countries: Rest of the world
What is a Hong Kong Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR)?
What are the requirements for an Indian national to apply for a PAR?
- Holds an Indian passport valid for at least six months.
- Intends to visit or transit (except for direct transit by air and not leaving the airport transit area) Hong Kong for a stay not exceeding 14 days Per Entry.
- PAR is not applicable to Indian nationals who have the right of abode or the right to land in Hong Kong, are on unconditional stay in Hong Kong or have a valid permission to remain in Hong Kong for employment, study or residence.
If the cost is zero, why do I need to pay for the Pre-Arrival Registration?
In iVisa, you can get your pre-arrival registration document quickly and easily without dealing with any office nor Embassy. Apply now and avoid wasting hours to complete the whole process at the airport. By using our services you will be able to get your document quicker and you will have more time to enjoy your trip!
Our services fees are the following: Standard - USD 40.00, Rush -USD 55.00, and Super Rush - USD 90.00.
How long does it take to obtain the Hong Kong PAR?
How long is the Hong Kong Pre-Arrival Registration for?
How long should the validity of my passport be?
Which countries are eligible for the Pre-Arrival Registration?
Indian nationals are the only eligible people who can apply for a pre-arrival registration.
It is important to mention that due to the current situations in the world, Hong Kong is now requiring a Health Declaration which is aimed at all nationalities planning to enter Hong Kong. This means that you will not only need a pre-arrival registration, but also, the health declaration.
What should I pay attention to during my stay in Hong Kong and upon departure?
You should carry with you the landing slip and your Indian passport during your stay in Hong Kong. In general, you will only need to present your Indian passport for immigration clearance upon departure.
NOTE: In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, Hong Kong is now requesting additional health documents, which you should obtain before traveling:
- QR Code of the Health Declaration Form (provided by us.)
Do I need to furnish an "Arrival / Departure Card" for immigration clearance upon arrival / departure?
What should I do if my notification slip is lost, defaced or damaged?
What are the specifications for printing the PAR notification slip?
What should I do if the data on the notification slip does not match that on my Indian passport?
I intend to visit Hong Kong together with my wife and children. Do we need to apply for a PAR individually?
When I apply for a Pre-Arrival Registration from iVisa, am I getting an actual visa?
Our service does NOT provide an actual visa for this nationality. We will provide you a pre-arrival registration document. Upon arrival, you will need to present this letter and your Passport at the immigration area so you will be allowed to enter Hong Kong.
NOTE: Other documents will be required upon entry to Hong Kong, including the Health Declaration, which can be obtained online from our iVisa page.
Where are the Pre-Arrival Registration counters at the Airport?
The counters assigned for pre-arrival registration, are designated to the immigration officers. Once you arrive at the airport, you must go to one of these modules and present your document. We are informed that officials can review your registration in your system, however, we recommend you to always have a physical or electronic copy of the document.
Before arriving at this section, you must approach the border control point staff upon entering Hong Kong and show the QR code of your Health Declaration, along with other additional documents that will depend on your nationality.
Can I apply for a new PAR if my last registration is still valid?
Where and when can a visitor submit an application for an extension of stay?
Once my PAR is processed, what document will I receive?
Learn more about Hong Kong Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Hong Kong Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong Electronic Health Declaration Form for Air Canada
- Hong Kong Electronic Health Declaration Form for Delta Airlines
- HONG KONG ELECTRONIC HEALTH DECLARATION FORM FOR LUFTHANSA
- HONG KONG HEALTH DECLARATION FORM FOR AMERICAN AIRLINES
- Hong Kong electronic health declaration form for british airways
- PCR Testing in Hong Kong
- Vaccination Passport Hong Kong
- Hong Kong visa for Indians
- Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?
- How to obtain a Hong Kong travel visa?
- What you need to know about the Hong Kong visa application form
- Is a Hong Kong visa on arrival available?
- Hong Kong visa requirements
- Do I need a Hong Kong tourist visa?
- The requirements for Hong Kong visa-free nationalities
- IS THE HONG KONG VISA ON ARRIVAL FOR INDIAN CITIZENS STILL AVAILABLE?
- HOW TO GET A HONG KONG VISIT VISA