Learn More: Hungary Schengen Visa
The Schengen visa is a short stay visa required for nationalities who are not eligible for visa-free travel in the 26 member countries of the Schengen area. Holders of the Schengen visa are allowed to travel throughout the Schengen zone for up to 90 days within a 180 day period.
WHO CAN ENTER HUNGARY WITH THE SCHENGEN VISA
If your nationality is not eligible for visa-free travel to the Schengen zone, you will need a Schengen visa to visit the countries in this area. Depending on your nationality, you may need a Schengen visa in order to transit through the international transit areas of airports of the Schengen States. See the FAQs below for full details.
OBTAIN THE HUNGARY SCHENGEN VISA
To get your Schengen visa, you’ll need to fill out our online application and provide supporting documents including proof of travel medical insurance, proof of accommodation, proof of financial means of support during your stay, and a color passport-quality photo. In some cases you may need to supply fingerprints.
DISPLAY YOUR SCHENGEN VISA
Once your application is approved, you’ll receive your Schengen visa sticker by mail. The sticker should be affixed to your passport. You will need to display it to authorities before boarding and on arrival. Keep in mind that a Schengen visa does not guarantee entry, as it’s ultimately up to the authorities to determine whether you may enter the country.
A large nation in Central Europe, Hungary has long been a desirable vacation destination. The nation has a long history of feudal lordships and empires, so be prepared for some really fascinating medieval architecture, quaint old towns, castles. Additionally, Budapest, the renowned capital of Hungary, is an utterly charming city with delicious cuisine, beautiful bridges, churches, and city streets, and lots of tourist attractions. If you go during the summertime, we recommend taking a boat ride down the Danube, one of Europe’s longest rivers.
But before you leave for Hungary, you should check whether or not you need to apply for a visa. There are two categories of nationalities that are exempt from getting a visa: citizens of the EU/EEA and members of the Schengen visa waiver program. As long as you find your country of origin on one of those lists, you are free to book your travels.
Don't waste your time digging through the Schengen visa policy. Instead, we recommend that you try our Visa Checker Tool. Simply select your country of origin from the drag-down menu and choose Hungary as your destination. If you do not need a visa, Bon Voyage! However, if you need a visa, we provide a list of embassies you can use to apply.
Unfortunately, iVisa cannot process Hungary visa applications at the moment since electronic visas are not available for the Schengen Area. Nonetheless, we still want to help all travelers, which is why we offer a free 24/7 support service to answer any questions you have about the visa process.
If you need to get a visa, we recommend investigating your nationality's specific requirements before going to the embassy. While you can do that on the internet, we advise that you call the diplomatic mission itself. It is the most reliable source of information. Websites are not always updated, leading to critical application errors. Just give the embassy a call or email to find out more info. Nevertheless, what iVisa can tell you is that you need a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your date of arrival in Hungary. For further information, contact the nearest embassy of Hungary.
As soon as electronic visas become available for Hungary, we will be among the first to be able to process your application. Until then, we wish you the best of luck at the embassy and safe travels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit Buda Castle in Budapest and enjoy this stunning landmark. The wonderful design and unique architecture will take your breath away. Built during the 18th century for the Habsburg monarchy, it shows the opulence of the royal family through 200 rooms. The building focuses around the 61-meter-high dome that faces the Danube and offers magnificent views of Budapest. We recommend checking Buzogány Tower and the South Tower to learn more about the medieval past of this construction. Check the Danube River and get to see it from the Freedom Bridge. This spot is very popular. Therefore, you will find lots of people getting pictures from here. Also, get to the Danube Bend for another look at the landscape. If you’re an avid hiker, we recommend taking to the trails for an incredible journey through the Visegrád Mountains. Remember that you will need the Hungary Schengen Visa before you land in Hungary. iVisa.com has the right expertise to help you with the process.
Continue with the historic spa towns that Hungary has to offer. Enjoy the mineral waters while you spend a few nights availing of the spa services. Hungary has been famous for hot springs and baths for over 2,000 years, when the Romans ruled these lands. During the 16th century, the Turks built the Turkish Baths for a more exquisite experience. Head to Lake Hévíz for an extraordinary experience with 25-degree Celsius water and bathe in the thermal lake, the largest one in Europe. If you’re in Budapest, go to Szechenyi Thermal Bath for low-budget packages that will relax you. Another must-see place is the Esztergom Basilica, located 46 kilometers from Budapest. This Catholic church dates back to 1507, and it’s Hungary’s biggest religious construction. It rises 100 meters with impressive architecture. Check the 14-meter-long art piece of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Also, see other paintings from the Renaissance period and the crypt, added in 1831, with an Egyptian style. Check Hungary’s largest organ, built in 1856, with its pipes that rise up to 11 meters. Apply for the Hungary Schengen Visa today and start enjoying all the fabulous places in Hungary.
We recommend visiting the Hungarian Parliament Building in Budapest. The huge dimensions and impressive architecture will make you want to take thousands of photos. Check the Ministry of Agriculture and the Museum of Ethnography standing next to the Parliament Building. In case you have some time, head to the visitor center and request a guided tour. We know you will have fun exploring the 690 rooms, the main hall, and the lobby areas. Continue with Tihany on Lake Balaton. This natural reserve of only eight square kilometers features incredible natural landscapes that you can explore through their trail network. Check the Benedictine Abbey from the 17th century. It has a viewing platform where you can see the marvelous town. During spring, you can enjoy the almond trees, and in June, lavender smells fill the environment. Don’t miss the Inner Harbor, where you can see ships and walk around. The Hungary Schengen Visa is only a click away. Let the iVisa.com team help you.
For natural lovers, the Bükk Mountains are an essential stop during your trip to Hungary. Check the István Cave, where the stalactite formations are incredible. Also, go to Petofi Cave, where you can find extinct plant species. Check them on the limestone walls. If you want more adventure, head to the Szeleta Cave and explore arrows and spears from the Ice Age. Continue with the Hortobágy National Park, a unique place that truly shows what Hungary is all about. The park was established in 1973, and it’s part of Hungary’s Great Plain that protects natural grassland. Once you arrive, you can check the birds, horses, and other animals that live freely. You can take the hiking and biking trails to start exploring the park. Make your way to the Herdsman Museum and check how the locals live. Don’t miss the opportunity to check the Hungarian Open Air Museum established 50 years ago. You can check the traditional Hungarian life with eight sections that display regions and different time periods. Go to the stables and barns or take a workshop to learn more about ancient handcrafts. Sopron is another incredible tourist attraction located near the Austrian border. Check the Baroque buildings in the Old Town. Also, explore the medieval town that was built on Roman ruins. You can find 240 buildings designated as monuments in Sopron. It has one of the largest collections in one city in Europe. Check the architecture for a glimpse of European design. It’s time to get the Hungary Schengen Visa for a smooth entry to Hungary.
If you’re ready to enter Hungary, make sure to have the Hungary Schengen Visa. This mandatory travel document is necessary for certain nationalities. Once you confirm you need it, trust iVisa.com with the digital process. We have made it simple for you, which means you don’t need to suffer from a tedious process that usually governmental websites offer. iVisa.com has the right alternative for you. In order to start, you need your passport, a valid email address, and a payment method. After completing the questionnaire with personal details, you should expect the travel documentation in your email inbox. Don’t worry! We have it all figured out for you. The Hungary Schengen Visa can be yours soon. Let our experts give you a hand with the Hungary Schengen Visa. Hungary is welcoming you with open arms.
- Hungary digital COVID Certificate
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Japan
- What is the validity of the Hungary ETIAS?
- Hungary visa policy
- Hogyan lehet megszerezni a magyar digitális COVID védettségi igazolványt
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles: How to apply
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Serbia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia: Obtain your ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis: Get one
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Peru: Applying for the ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Panama: How to get your ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Palau: Get your info with us
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia: How to get yours
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua: Obtain your ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru: The new authorization
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Montenegro
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Moldova
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of the Marshall Islands
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Malaysia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay: Learn what you need
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand: Mandatory by 2023
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Macao
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga: New Travel Permit
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of East Timor
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Vanuatu: Related information
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu: Instructions
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago: Requirements
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for citizens of Russia
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for citizens of China
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Israel
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Hong Kong
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Grenada
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Georgia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Dominica
- Read this before applying for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan: Read about Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of NIGERIA: Hungary (Schengen) Visa requirements for Citizens of Nigeria
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India: Learn more about Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- How to apply for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Chile
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan: Read about Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan
- How much is a Schengen Visa for Hungary?
- Hungary Schengen Visa Multiple Entry: The multiple entry benefits with the Hungary Schengen Visa
- Is Hungary included in Schengen Visa?
- Hungary Schengen visa requirements: What are the requirements for the Hungary Schengen visa?
- Hungary Schengen Visa processing time: What is the Hungary Schengen Visa processing time?
- Does the Hungary ETIAS have Multiple Entry?
- What is the Hungary ETIAS Cost?
- What are the Hungary ETIAS Requirements?
- Important information about the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of United Arab Emirates
- Where can I get the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea?
- Where can I get the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico?
- Get your Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Guatemala by reading this information
- How can I apply for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica?
- How can I apply for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia?
- GET YOUR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF CANADA FAST AND EASY
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRUNEI
- HOW CAN I APPLY FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRAZIL?
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
- HOW TO GET HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BARBADOS
- GET YOUR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BAHAMAS FAST AND EASY
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA
- HOW CAN I APPLY FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ARGENTINA?
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- EVERYTHING ABOUT HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ALBANIA
- UEFA Euro 2020 Budapest - Hungary Visa