India is a favorite destination for UK citizens as these countries share plenty of history and business relationships. During these difficult times in which the coronavirus pandemic has reduced international travel to the minimum, we can see some hope with India opening its borders to citizens of the United Kingdom.
According to the Indian government through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India is allowing international travelers to its territory. However, there are new health guidelines that must be followed by visitors. The most important requirement is the Self-Declaration Form.
Keep reading about these new requirements for international passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Self-Declaration Form?
The Self-Declaration Form is a required document for all international travelers entering India from August 8th, 2020. This form is a direct response to the coronavirus pandemic, as a way to control passengers’ information and keep the virus controlled in India. You must begin your application no less than 72 hours before your trip.
Get yours with iVisa.com! Apply now!
Do I need a Self-Declaration Form as a UK citizen?
Citizens of the United Kingdom are among the select group of travelers with permission to enter India. Therefore, if you have a UK passport, you must have a Self-Declaration Form before traveling to India.
You can easily start here!
Is there a quarantine requirement?
Yes, India is demanding a quarantine to all international visitors. In total you need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, however, this is divided as follows.
- First 7 days at an institution facilitated by the government at your own expense.
- Last 7 days at your home.
Once you have the Self-Declaration Form you are accepting the quarantine.
Can I do the 14 days of quarantine at home?
The Indian government takes into consideration the 14 days of quarantine at home only for the next cases:
- You have a special case that doesn’t allow you to do the institutional quarantine. For example, a pregnancy, death in your family, a serious medical condition or you are a parent to children under 10 years old.
- You have a negative COVID-19 test. The procedure is only valid if it was done 72 hours before your travel date and if you make a declaration of the test authenticity.
For both cases, you will need to provide extra information during your application so the Indian government assesses your situation and decides to grant your entire quarantine at home.
Start your Self-Declaration Form now!
Do you have some doubts about this requirement? Reach out to our support agents for further information.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter India?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not a mandatory to enter India. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest India travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
What documents are required?
You must provide information related to personal details and your trip. You should also provide the following:
- A passport scan that will be attached to your Self-Declaration Form.
- A valid email address to get any communication from iVisa.com.
- A Payment option, choose between a Paypal account or a credit/debit card. Remember iVisa.com charges a minimum fee for the service.
What are the processing times to obtain the Self-Declaration Form?
- Standard, an average waiting period with the lowest price.
- Rush, quicker service to acquire the Self Declaration Form.
- Super Rush, for travelers who can’t wait much time for their document.
Not sure which one to select? Contact our customer service for some help.
What steps do I need to follow?
There are only three steps to get the Self-Declaration Form:
- Answer the questionnaire in the form and choose the waiting period (Standard, Rush, or Super Rush).
- Review your details and correct any mistakes. Select a payment alternative with Paypal account or with a credit/debit card.
- Upload all the documents required, like your passport scan.
Excited to travel to India? Then start your Self-Declaration Form.
What is the process during my arrival?
The Indian government has set up medical screenings procedures at all international entry points. Authorities will check your temperature and assure you don’t have any symptoms related to COVID-19. Then, you must show your Self-Declaration Form that will confirm you comply with the health regulations. Finally, you will be assigned the facility for your institutional quarantine for the first 7 days in India. After that, you can do the last 7 days at your home.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
Of course! iVisa.com has been working with travel documentation for years and previous clients have left satisfactory reviews about iVisa.com. You can feel confident iVisa.com uses the highest security standards with its platform.
Where can I obtain more information?
iVisa.com has a full team of support agents waiting for your message to help you. You can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Begin the Self-Declaration Form and travel to India soon!