IMPORTANT: CURRENTLY WE DON'T OFFER THIS EVISA. STAY TUNED, BECAUSE IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
More than 11,000 athletes from 206 nations, 33 different sports, 16 days full of action... don't miss out the Games for the troubles of going to the embassy! iVisa makes a heroic entrance to help you get ready!
The 2020 Summer Olympic Games will be hosted in Tokyo. Citizens of Colombia will need to obtain a visa to travel to Japan. The electronic visa system is the fastest way to obtain a visa! In April 2020, Japan will begin accepting eVisa applications, which will be easy to complete online and will take just a few minutes. iVisa tells you all about it in this post.
Frequently Asked Questions | 2020 Tokyo Olympics eVisa: Colombia
Do I need a visa for Japan for the Olympic Games?
After the government of Japan launches this program, an eVisa will be required for many people to travel to the Games. Citizens of Colombia will most likely need an eVisa to travel to Japan.
How long does it take to get an eVisa for Japan for the 2020 Olympics?
Residents of Colombia can choose from three processing speeds; choose the right one based on how fast you want your eVisa for the Olympics to arrive.
These are your options:
- Standard processing, the cheapest but will take more for your eVisa to be issued than the other two options.
- Rush processing, not too expensive and faster than the Standard.
- Super Rush processing, The fastest option, costs more than the other options.
In less than one week or two, most eVisas will be available.
What is the cost of a 2020 Summer Olympics visa?
For citizens of Colombia, the cost of your eVisa to Tokyo depends on the processing speed and type of eVisa you select during checkout.
Visas generally cost anywhere from $6 USD to $150 USD. On April, Japan will update the visa fees.
With the Japan eVisa, how many times can I enter and exit the country?
Regular Japanese visas allow single, double or multiple entries. When the eVisa is launched, the same types of entry selections will most likely be available fro you to choose from.
Single entry means that you can enter the country only once. Double entry allows two entries, and multiple entries allows you to enter the country as many times as you like within the duration period of your visa.
When does the eVisa expire?
If you're going to Japan for the Olympics 2020, you'll receive a tourist visa valid for three months from the time it's issued. So you will need to make sure you travel within that validity period.
Multiple entry visas can expire in 1 to 5 years.
How long can I stay in Japan on an eVisa?
Single entry tourist visas have a duration of up to 90 days from the time you enter the Japan.
You can the option to stay in Japan for more than 90 days if you opt for a multiple entry visa.
What documents do I need to apply for an eVisa for the Olympics?
Citizens of Colombia will need the following to apply for a visa online:
- Passport - Your passport must remain valid for at least another 6 months, with 2 blank pages available for stamping.
- Recent Photo - You must have a recent passport-sized color photo for your visa.
- Return Ticket - You must provide proof that you will be leaving Japan.
- Proof of Funds - You will need to provide a document showing you have enough funds to get you through your short-term stay in the country.
- Proof of Accommodation - You can either provide proof of reservation from a hotel, lodge, or resort, or an invitation letter and proof that your host will provide accommodation for you during the Olympics. They will also need to provide their permanent residence ID information.
2020 Japan Summer Olympics | eVisa for Citizens of Colombia
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be one of the biggest events in the world's history. Be ready. Plan ahead. Beginning in April 2020, Colombian nationals can apply for the Japan eVisa in preparation to travel to see awesome athletes compete for world medals.
Click here to chat with our 24/7 customer support team. We are more than happy to answer any further questions you may have.
Have safe travels.