IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENTLY WE DO NOT OFFER THIS EVISA. STAY TUNED, BECAUSE IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOONER THAN YOU EXPECT!
In April 2020, Japan will begin issuing applications so that many people from all over the world can apply for a visa to see the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics. You may need to obtain a visa in order to visit Japan. The cost will depend on your country of origin and the processing speed and method you choose. iVisa is here to help streamline the visa process, allowing you to apply easily and securely and receive your visa entirely online from anywhere you have an internet connection: the eVisa.
Frequently Asked Questions | 2020 Tokyo Olympics eVisa Requirements
What documents do I need to submit for a 2020 Tokyo Olympics visa?
You will need the following information to apply for a visa online:
- Valid Passport - Your passport must remain valid for at least another 6 months, with 2 blank pages available for stamping.
- Recent Photo - You must have a recent passport-sized color photo for your visa.
- Onward Ticket - You must provide proof that you will be leaving Japan.
- Proof of Funds - You will need to provide a document showing you have enough funds to get you through your short-term stay in the country.
- Proof of Accommodation - You can either provide proof of reservation from a hotel, lodge, or resort, or an invitation letter and proof that your host will provide accommodation for you during the Olympics. They will also need to provide their permanent residence ID information.
How long can I stay in Tokyo for the 2020 Olympics?
This will depend on several factors. Some visas permit 90-day visits. Others may offer you up to six months or more based on the circumstances and your residency status.
Do I need a visa for the Olympics in Japan?
Depending on your conditions and circumstances, you could need an eVisa to travel to Japan. An eVisa is required for many people to travel to see the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
When will the eVisa expire in Japan for the 2020 Olympic Games?
Tourist visas expire 90 days after issuance.
Would I need a visa for the Japan Olympics?
Depending on your specific circumstances, you might need an eVisa to visit Japan. An eVisa will be required for many people to travel to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
What will the Summer Olympics 2020 visa cost?
Japan visas usually cost between $6 USD and $150 USD, based on your country of origin. Depending on the processing speed and visa type you select, these costs may change. Japan's visa fees change annually.
How many times can I enter and leave Japan with an eVisa?
Japan eVisas offer single, double or multiple entries. The same types of entry options are most likely to be available once the eVisa program is ready.
You can enter Japan once if you choose a Single entry visa. Double entry will allow you two entries into Japan, and Multiple entry allows you to enter Japan as often as you need within the span of your visa’s validity.
2020 Japan Summer Olympics
If you wish to attend the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, feel free to check back soon for more information on how to get your eVisa to see the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
To talk to one of our customer support team members click here for any further questions.
We at iVisa wish you a safe and fun trip!