Most nationalities that travel to Kenya can do so without having to go to the nearest embassy to get a visa. The same goes for the citizens of Djibouti. Since you are eligible for an electronic visa, you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa can help you with the online application process.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Djibouti – requirements
What you need to do first is to make sure that you have everything you need for a successful application process. However, you will see that there is no reason for concern. What is necessary is as follows:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Djibouti – the online application form
After you put together all of the above, you are ready to fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need assistance or have questions, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is ready to help you 24/7 at no charge.
You will see that the form created by iVisa happens in three stages. During the first one, you have to cover the basics. You must provide your personal information, but you are also asked to select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on the choice you make. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
The second stage requires you to take care of the payment and review your form carefully. Why is that necessary? Because even a single mistake can invalidate your visa, and you have to go through the application process once more.
The last stage is the point at which you have to upload some documents that support your application. After you do that, you can submit your form and iVisa will take care of the rest. But your efforts end here.
As you can see, nothing is challenging about the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Djibouti. The document that arrives in your e-mail inbox is valid for 90 days since issue, you can use it for a single entry and once you arrive in Kenya, you can stay for up to 3 months.