What is the duration of time you can stay in Kenya if you are not a citizen?
First off, transit visas are temporary visas that allow passers to explore a country for a short period of time during international transit. A transit visa is not required if you are simply waiting on a connecting flight and do not plan on leaving your port of arrival.
If you are simply passing through Kenya on your way to another country, you will not need a Kenya transit visa unless you want to leave the airport. Even if you do decide to leave the airport, transit visas are only valid for 72 hours for visitors to Kenya. Anything longer than that duration will require a Kenya eVisa
The good news is that you can safely and securely apply for your Kenya eVisa with us.
Those seeking a Kenya transit visa from their country must check with the local embassy or Kenyan government for more information. For now, iVisa offers convenient eVisas for Kenya visitors. The eVisa allows you to explore Kenya for up to three months in a single entry.
Requirements for Kenya Visas
It has never been easier to apply for and receive an eVisa or Kenya transit visa than it is with us!
iVisa removes the need to go in person to an embassy or consulate. Instead, you can apply for your Kenya eVisas right from the comfort of your own home online or on the go from your mobile phone using our iVisa app.
Additionally, as long as you meet the requirements, you will get fast approval and delivery as we act on your behalf as trusted consultants to consulates around the world, including Kenya.
To apply for an eVisa you will need the following:
- Valid passport: You will need to scan and submit a copy of your passport bio page during the easy application process. It must be valid for at least another six months after your arrival date in Kenya.
- Photo - A current passport photo is needed to process your visa application. If you don't have one, you can use our handy passport photo service to get one ASAP!
- Onward ticket - You will have this from your check-in process and will need to show it to officials in Kenya so they know you are only traveling through Kenya and have intentions to leave.
- Email address - You must have an email address since this is how iVisa sends you your eVisa.
- Payment method - We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal. Whichever form of payment you choose, we promise to keep your information secure.
These basic requirements, combined with our highly-favored services, will provide you with the fastest and most convenient visa experience you will ever have.
Chat with an agent today by clicking on the chat bubble in the lower right corner if you have any questions. For all of your future Kenya visa needs, you will be able to rely on iVisa’s dedication to excellence and fast processing.