Please note: Unfortunately, iVisa doesn’t offer the ENTRI application at the moment. We hope the Electronic Travel Registration & Information will be available again soon. But you can read below more information about this travel document and the Malaysia eVisa.
If you are planning a trip to Malaysia, one of the first things you’ll need to check is the visa type that will allow you to cross the borders. Some people must visit the nearest Malaysian diplomatic mission to apply for a visa, while others are eligible for an eVisa or Malaysia ENTRI (Electronic Travel Registration & Information), which has a visa application process that is 100% online.
China and India are countries eligible for the Malaysia ENTRI visa application, as well as for an eVisa. Applying online is already easier than visiting an embassy, and you will see that filling out the visa application form is effortless. Once the visa status is approved, you will receive the document via email and can print it out to present to Malaysian authorities to access the territory.
Be aware that a visa, eVisa, or an ENTRI is mandatory for most countries. Without the travel document, citizens can be denied entry. But don’t worry; the visa application process is simple. Read further visa information and visa application details below.
Malaysia visa check: Do I need a visa to visit Malaysia?
The Malaysian Immigration Department requires a visa for most foreign nationals. The ENTRI is only available for Indian and Chinese nationals.You can check to see if you can apply for the Malaysian eVisa using the iVisa Visa Checker Tool.
Once you enter this page, choose your nationality from the drop-down menu. You'll see Malaysia as the destination country, so you can simply leave it how it is. Then you'll immediately know if you're eligible for a Malaysian online visa application.
What is a Malaysia ENTRI visa?
The Malaysia Immigration Department developed this Electronic Travel Registration & Information (ENTRI) as a visa exemption program for citizens of India and China to facilitate tourism. Most travelers refer to the ENTRI document as a visa since you have to apply in advance, and registration is necessary to enter the country.
But the process is more simple than a consular visa application. You only need to submit some documents online. An ENTRI will be issued as proof of registration, and this needs to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia.
The ENTRI Visa for Malaysia is valid for 90 days after issued. It also grants a Single Entry for a maximum stay of 30 days Per Entry.
Unfortunately, iVisa doesn’t currently offer this visa application.
Malaysia Tourist eVisa
The Malaysia eVisa is an official visa required that grants foreign nationals entry into Malaysia. Nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply:
- China, Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, India, Ivory Coast, Kosovo, Liberia, Mali, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Serbia, and Sri Lanka.
This document is available for only tourism purposes. The good news is that it is simple and quick to apply for, as the process to obtain the visa is done completely online. You Can fill out the iVisa application form with the required documents in a few minutes. Once your visa is approved, it’s electronically linked to your passport.
What do I need to apply for a Malaysia eVisa?
The Malaysia Immigration Department requires some documents in the visa application. All travelers have to present the following:
- Passport Personal Details Scan (the passport must be valid for at least six months after entry into Malaysia).
- Passport photograph of the applicant (Taken within the last six months). If you don’t have one, you can count on iVisa Photo Services.
- Travel Itinerary showing flight details (confirmed return flight ticket).
- Proof of accommodation (hotel booking).
- Birth certificate (for underage children).
- Cover Letter (if applicable).
- Proof of Residence (if applicable).
The Malaysian government may require additional documentation. We will inform you ASAP if this is the case.
Visa application: How can I apply for a Malaysia eVisa?
The application process is straightforward. It has only three steps, and you can complete it in 10 minutes or less:
- First, we will ask you to fill in your general information. You’ll also need to choose the processing time from the options mentioned below.
- Second, we will ask you to revise step one and make the payment.
- Third, and final step consists of a questionnaire and photo upload. This is when you’ll need to upload your scanned passport. Other documents may also be required on a case by case basis.
Once you finish, you will submit the form and wait for your visa to arrive. If you need assistance filling out your application, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.
How long does it take to process the eVisa, and how much does it cost?
The visa fees and processing time depend on how fast you need your visa to be ready. iVisa offers three options:
- Standard processing – Choosing this option means you’ll have the document within 6 Business Days for the cost of USD $95.99 (service fees included). It is the cheapest option.
- Rush processing – This option will have your visa ready within just 4 Business Days, but costs a bit more. It costs USD $158.99 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing – if you want to have your visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option and get the visa in 2 Business Days for USD $197.99 (service fees included). This option is perfect for urgent trips.
What happens after I have applied?
You will receive the Malaysia eVisa by email in PDF format. There is no need to deal with the embassy. We do the hard work for you so you don't lose valuable time.
How can I apply for my family or friends?
You need to have all of the required documents (listed above in this article) and apply here providing their information. If you need to apply for more than one person, you can click ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form and provide the required information.
Are there any special requirements for children?
Yes. If the applicants are under 18, they must apply for the eVisa with at least one parent. As a parent, you will also need to provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate to show proof of the relationship between parent and child.
What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?
If you made a mistake entering your data online, please contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible via online chat to assist you.
Your Malaysia visa is linked to your passport number. If we already submitted your application, you can NOT make any changes. So, if you made a mistake, you will have to apply again, but we will NOT charge you another service fee.
Is it safe to use iVisa to get my Malaysia visa?
Many people think that online information leaks and their data is at risk of falling into the wrong hands. However, that is not the case with our services. We provide maximum safety for personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
I have more unresolved questions. Where can I find more info?
For a faster resolution click here and start chatting with one of our customer service representatives. Alternatively, you can find more info and FAQs here.