Learn More: Health Declaration
Last updated: September 2022
Thinking of traveling to the Maldives for a holiday, honeymoon, business or another purpose? Whatever the reason is, the Maldives is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime destination, offering gorgeous beaches, non-stop sunshine, and an unforgettable experience. And what is a better opportunity to travel to the Maldives than now, when travel is at an all-time low?
The Maldives re-opened to all travelers in January 2022. But before you pack your bags, apply for your visas and required travel documents online through iVisa.com, such as the Health Declaration for the Maldives, in order to make your trip as stress-free as possible.
On this page, you’ll find more information about:
- What is the Maldives Health Declaration?
- Who needs to fill out the Health Declaration for the Maldives for COVID-19
- When to fill out the Maldives Health Declaration
- How to obtain the Maldives Health Declaration
- How long the Health Declaration form for the Maldives is valid for
- Other entry requirements for the Maldives
- Vaccination & testing requirements for COVID-19 to enter the Maldives
- Frequently asked questions about the Maldives Health Declaration
Whether you’re going on a holiday or are visiting the Maldives for business or other purposes, iVisa.com is here to guide you and help with your travel plans, your trip starts here.
What is the Maldives Health Declaration Form?
The Traveler Health Declaration is the name for the Maldives 14-day quarantine document, which you need to obtain before arrival in the Maldives, to ensure your health and avoid the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Following the COVID-19 pandemic, many countries have been working hard to provide travel authorizations that allow them to have better control over the health of travelers and residents. That’s why the Maldives immigration requires you to fill out the Traveler Health Declaration before arrival.
Do I need a Health Declaration form to enter the Maldives?
Yes. The government requires that everyone who wishes to enter The Maldives submit this document prior to arrival at the airport, both residents and non-residents of The Maldives. It is intended to protect the safety of tourists and citizens alike against contagious diseases such as COVID-19.
When do I need to get the Traveler Health Declaration, and how long is it valid?
The Health Declaration is a required travel document by the Maldives Immigration services. This Traveler Health Declaration (THD) must be filled in and submitted within 96 hours prior to your departure date.
If you are planning to travel to the Maldives, you must bring the Maldives Health Declaration and QR-code with you as proof of your health status. The Health Declaration is a Single Entry document, you need to complete the form each time you visit the Maldives to show it to the Maldives Immigration office.
This applies to tourists, visa holders, and Maldivians. Please note that this does not replace a visa for the country. If your nationality requires a visa, the authorities will still ask for your visa when visiting the Maldives.
How to obtain the Traveler Health Declaration to enter the Maldives
To make your dreams of basking in this tropical paradise a reality, you need to submit some information to get your Health Declaration before traveling. To get your declaration for your trip to the Maldives, simply follow the iVisa.com online application process and provide the necessary information.
Documents needed to obtain the Health Declaration for the Maldives
- Passport number
- Information about your personal health status and trip itinerary
- Your contact details
- A recent passport photo of yourself
The process of obtaining the Health Declaration takes just a few minutes. Once you're done, we’ll send you your completed documents by email. On the declaration, you'll find a QR code. We suggest you download this QR code on your phone for easy entry to the Maldives.
Keep both printed and digital forms ready to show before boarding your flight at the airport and on arrival in the Maldives immigration, together with your passport.
Do I need a Health Declaration if I’m transiting through the Maldives?
Yes, all arriving, departing, and transiting passengers via airports and seaports are required to complete the Traveler Health Declaration within 96 hours until their flight time.
How to apply with iVisa.com online
Get your Maldives Health Declaration in three easy steps:
- First, read all the information and fill out your details. Then, choose the processing time you prefer.
- Second, double-check and verify your information and pay the iVisa.com service fee (see below for fee information).
- Third, attach any documents required and click on the submit button to submit the application form.
Read all info carefully and double-check the spelling. If you make any mistakes and have already submitted the online form, it may be difficult for us to amend this. Once you receive your completed Health Declaration, you’ll also obtain a QR code via email.
Pricing and processing times to obtain your Maldives Health Form
We at iVisa.com can help you obtain and submit your Health Declaration for the Maldives before departure. There are three options of payment and processing time to choose from.
Depending on how fast you need the document or your budget available, we have an option for each traveler's needs:
- Standard Processing Time: This option takes max. 24 hours and costs USD $25.49. Perfect for travelers whose arrival date is quite far in the future.
- Rush Processing Time: You will receive your Health Declaration faster than the standard option, in just 8 hours for USD $45.99.
- Super Rush Processing Time: If you need the document urgently prior to travel, you can use this express option, which will take just 4 hours for a fee of USD $77.99.
I’m traveling with children, do they need a Health Declaration as well?
Yes, children also need to submit a Health Declaration to visit the Maldives. This requirement by the Maldives immigration is necessary for any foreign traveler, regardless of their age. If you have any questions or doubts, you can contact us here, we’re happy to help.
Other entry requirements for the Maldives
Travelers must adhere to various mandatory entry requirements before their arrival time in the Maldives, besides obtaining the Traveler Health Declaration. These regulations can differ between travelers and tourists.
Vaccination and COVID-19 regulations in the Maldives
The Maldives government health department has revised its process to welcome travelers into the area recently. The COVID-19 rules for both tourists and residents visiting the Maldives are as follows:
- COVID-19 PCR testing requirements: There are no testing requirements.
- Proof of vaccination status for COVID-19: You are no longer required to show proof of your fully vaccinated status for COVID-19 to visit the Maldives.
- Quarantine in the Maldives: Travel-related quarantine is no longer required.
- Other regulations for COVID-19: Prior and upon arrival, passengers and visitors are advised to keep physical distance in enclosed public spaces and contact with others to a minimum, wear facemasks in health facilities and outbreak areas, and take an antigen test when they are experiencing respiratory symptoms.
Visa requirements for the Maldives
A tourist visa is granted for all nationalities on arrival in the Maldives. As such, if you are traveling to the Maldives as a tourist, you do not need to get a pre-approval.
However, the Maldives immigration asks all travelers to go through the process of submitting the basic entry requirements to get immigration clearance before their arrival date at the airport, such as:
- A passport or a travel document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 1 month's validity.
- A pre-paid confirmed booking for accommodation with a registered tourist facility.
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in the Maldives.
- Confirmed departure tickets to your home country or your country of residence (not applicable for resident permit holders).
- The passenger must be a visa holder for their onward destination.
- Traveller Health Declaration submitted by everyone traveling to and from the Maldives, within 96 hours until departure time.
- Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination, if applicable.
A tourist visa is typically granted for 30 days. If you are arriving in the Maldives for other reasons than tourism, such as business or education, please go through the right processes to obtain the correct visa.
Who can I speak to if I have more questions?
If you need to talk to one of our experts about your application or the travel document, we have a customer service team that can be contacted 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Or you can contact us via email at [email protected].
We are here to help, so don’t hesitate to reach out with all your questions about The Maldives Health Declaration!
Required Documents to Apply
- If you are planning to travel to Maldives, you must carry your Maldives Health Declaration, this applies for tourists, visa holders and Maldivians. It DOES NOT replace a visa. If your nationality requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you enter Maldives. Keep in mind some nationalities will require a paper visa. If that is your case, we suggest you contact your local embassy.
Was this page helpful?
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Maldives Health Declaration has been canceled or rejected?
You should know that the iVisa team checks every single document and corrects any mistakes in the application before sending it to the government body that reviews it. However, the Maldives government could find reasons to reject or cancel your application. Although it’s rare, if this happens you will receive a full refund of the iVisa processing fee for the rejected application. Unfortunately, government fees aren’t refunded.
After confirming what happened, you can re-apply for the Maldives Health Declaration.