The citizens of Cyprus who travel to Mexico for tourism purposes are not required to obtain a visa before departure. However, a Mexico tourist card is needed. Also known as the Forma Migratoria Multiple, the tourist card can be applied for on the plane, or you can purchase it at arrival. iVisa gives you another option, though. you can apply for the card online before departure, thus avoiding unnecessary stress.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Cyprus – requirements
What you need to do first is to make sure that you can fulfill the requirements. However, the list is not extensive, and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Cyprus – the online application form
After all the requirements are met, you can go ahead and access the application page to fill in the form. You should not find it difficult to go through, but if any assistance is required, iVisa provides non-stop customer support. The service is entirely free of charge.
The form you must complete is divided into three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, but you also have to disclose your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. Regarding the processing timeframe, iVisa provides three options, and the one you choose will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
The fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Step number two wants you to take care of the payment and review your form to make sure that you do not submit incorrect information, while step three asks that you upload the documents that support your application. When the steps are complete, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card online is far more convenient. The card keeps its validity for 180 days after your arrival in Mexico, it covers a single entry, and you can stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days.