The citizens of Nicaragua who wish to travel to Mexico must first apply for a consular visa at the nearest Mexican consulate. Also, you have to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. The latter can be acquired on the plane on your way to the destination, and you can get it on arrival too. However, if you use the services rendered by iVisa, you can apply for the FMM card online before departure, and it can arrive in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Nicaragua – the requirements
When you decide to get the Mexico tourist card online, one of the first things you have to do is to make sure that you have what is necessary for the application process. That should not be too hard for you because you only need the following:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Nicaragua – the online application form
Now that you are aware of what you need for the online application process, let’s move on to the application form. Know that the task at hand is not at all challenging, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support service is ready to answer your questions 24/7 at no charge.
The application form you must fill in consists of three simple steps. The first one is interested in your personal information. You also have to select a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel. Know that both factors determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As for processing, you can choose from the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
If you decide to enter Mexico by car, you will be charged more. An additional $29, to be more exact. Consequently, you will pay $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time option.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third is the moment when iVisa asks you to upload a few necessary documents. After you do everything you are supposed to, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will send you the FMM card in the timeframe of your choosing.
Obviously, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is far more accessible than the alternatives. The FMM card you receive maintains its validity for 180 days after your date of arrival in Mexico, and you are allowed to use it for one entry only. Your stay cannot exceed 180 days.