Learn More: Immigration Form
Content updated, July 2023
Everything you need to know about the Nicaragua Immigration Form: Apply with iVisa
Do you have a business to deal with in Nicaragua? Or are you thinking about enjoying a vacation in this beautiful Central American country? Before traveling to Nicaragua you will have to apply for the Immigration Form.
This document doesn’t replace a visa, but it is mandatory to obtain as a tourist, for local authorities' use. The entry requirements are valid for travelers entering the country by land, air, or sea. No worries. It’s quick and easy to fill out the Immigration Form.
Here we will inform you of all the Nicaraguan immigration requirements and steps to apply for the document.
What is the Nicaragua Immigration Form?
The Nicaraguan government developed the Immigration Form to better control the flow of foreign nationals in the country. The Nicaraguan Ministry of Foreign Affairs intended to regulate immigration and keep it agile. This improvement in local laws is also a security measure for Nicaraguans and visitors of other nationalities that prevents the entry of people linked to organized crime and contributes to the fight against illegal drugs.
Nicaragua requires special notification to help local authorities to calculate the necessary personnel for safe migration assistance at border posts.
You must apply for the Immigration Form online at least seven days before the trip. You can use the embassy website but be prepared to spend some time filling out a confusing form. Or you can use iVisa services and submit your application in a few minutes, counting on a straightforward form and an expert team available to help you.
Since it is not a visa, you shouldn’t have any legal impediments to entering the country if you don’t submit the document. However, you may have problems with the local police at the borders, and this is an unnecessary concern for your travel. So, don't forget to fill it out before your trip!
Who Should Get the Immigration Form to enter Nicaragua?
All nationalities must apply for this document to enter Nicaragua. The Nicaraguan government recommends applying at least seven days before the trip, no matter your travel purpose: so if you have a Business Visa, a Tourist Card, or another Nicaragua Visa, you still have to apply for the Immigration Form.
According to the local laws, the Immigration Form is part of the entry and exit requirement for Nicaraguan authorities. Visitors, foreign residents, nationals, or travelers transiting have to present the document. So, you must present it at any border post, entering Nicaragua by all modes of transport (Land, Air, and Sea).
How long is the Immigration Form valid?
It’s a Single-Entry form, valid for 90 days upon arrival. So if you leave and enter Nicaragua again, you must apply for a new Immigration Form.
Required Documents for the Immigration Form
You must apply for the form to enter Nicaragua previously to departure, but the process is quite simple. You need only the following item:
- Valid identity document or valid passport (six months of validity at least)
Do I need an Immigration Form if I’m transiting through Nicaragua?
Yes, you do. The form is designed for those visiting major urban areas, remote areas, or just transiting in the country.
How do I apply Online for the Immigration Form?
When choosing iVisa services, filling out the application is quick and easy. Follow the steps below:
- First, you have to complete the form with personal information on the iVisa application page. Select a processing time to obtain your Immigration Form.
- Second, double-check all the details of your application form are correct to avoid any mistakes. Pay the fee with a debit or credit card.
- Third, click on the 'submit' button and wait for the form to arrive in your email address. Make sure to have a printed version of your Immigration Form, and keep it on any technological device so you can show it at the airport in Nicaragua.
Processing time and fees for the Immigration Form
You can choose between three different processing times. The price will vary according to how quickly you want to receive the document.
- Standard Processing Time: This is an affordable option if you have plenty of time before the trip. You will get the Immigration Form in 24 hours for $37.49.
- Rush Processing Time: This one is a good choice if the departure date is near. You will receive the document in 6 hours, and it costs $65.99.
- Super Rush Processing Time: If you don’t have much time before travel, this is the best option. You will receive the form in 30 minutes for $105.99.
Traveling with minors
Children don’t need to apply. Parents or legal guardians can include minors in their application for travel.
Nicaragua COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Nicaraguan authorities have lifted all testing and vaccination requirements at Nicaragua's borders and airports.
Nicaragua travel advice
Medical insurance is not mandatory to visit Nicaragua. Although, counting on travel insurance can be useful in case of a medical evacuation or if you need urgent medical care, so you should think about getting it before your trip.
Nicaragua has a hurricane season that usually lasts from early June to late November. If you are traveling during a natural disaster, pay attention to local media reports and follow the instructions of a police officer or medical brigade.
Travelers from a country with a risk of yellow fever virus transmission and less than one year of age must have a yellow fever vaccination administered. You can check hereto learn more about recommended vaccines.
I still have questions. How can I contact iVisa?
The iVisa support team is available 24/7 to help you with your questions about the Nicaragua Form or any other travel document. You can chat with our [customer service]/contact-us) experts or you can contact us on WhatsApp.
Required Documents to Apply
- Your passport. It must be valid for 6 months from the date you enter Nicaragua.
The Nicaragua Immigration Form is an arrival authorization that allows foreigners from any nationality to enter Nicaragua.
This form does not replace a visa.
The Nicaragua Immigration Form lasts 90 days and allows you to stay in the country for that same amount of time.
You can use this form to enter by land or by sea to Nicaragua.
You can use it to transit through Nicaragua and make stops at the airport.
Citizens from any country can apply for this form.
Children don’t need to apply for this travel document. You can include them in your adult application form.
You can apply 100% online with iVisa.
You only need your passport to apply. Make sure is valid for 6 months from the date you enter Nicaragua.
Applicants will receive their valid Nicaragua Immigration Form and a receipt by email so make sure you're aware of anything coming from iVisa.
iVisa is a legitimate company, accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
My Nicaragua Immigration Form has been canceled. What can I do?
In this case, you are eligible for a full refund of the iVisa processing fee. However, government fees are nonrefundable.
You may consider reapplying for the Nicaragua Immigration Form, depending on the reasons for cancellation.
My credit card is not working on online payment. What else can I do?
I gave incorrect information in one of my answers. How can I fix it?
After the application, I did not receive an email confirmation. What now?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Nicaragua visa policy
- Nicaragua Immigration Form for Burkinabé citizens
- Requisitos para entrar a Nicaragua desde Estados Unidos
- Traveling to Nicaragua for Holy Week: What You Need to Know
- Nicaragua Immigration Form for Dominican Republic Citizens
- Nicaragua Immigration Form for Senegal citizens
- How to get the Nicaragua Immigration Form for Guinean citizens
- How to get the Nicaragua Immigration Form for Ethiopian citizens
- How to get the Nicaragua Immigration Form for citizens from Ivory Coast
- How to get the Nicaragua Immigration Form for Gambian citizens
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.asamblea.gob.ni