Getting a Chilean passport is not a complicated task. It may take a few weeks, but as long as you provide the issuing authority with the necessary documents, you should not experience any difficulties. What MyPassportPhotos can help you with is the passport photos. For a Chilean passport, you will need two of them. Our services can spare you a trip to a professional photo studio by giving you the opportunity to take them at home.
If you are also in need of a visa, we recommend the services of iVisa.com. They can help you find out if you are eligible for an electronic visa, and if you are, iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you.
Here is a list of the Chile passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 45 mm in width. The head should occupy 60-70% of the picture
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Chile Passport Photo and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While we already listed the Chilean passport photo requirements above, we feel that some of them need some clarification. After all, an inadequate passport photo can easily lead to rejection, and we want you to avoid that by having as much information as possible.
- The first thing you have to do is to find the proper environment in which to take the passport photo. As mentioned above, the background has to be white. It can have no colors, no patterns, and no shadows. If you do not have a white wall in your house, just use a white sheet. Hang it on a wall, and the issue is fixed.
- When you prepare to take the passport photo or visa photo, place the camera at eye level. That ensures a better exposure of all your facial features. Make sure to keep your head straight. Tilting or rotating your head is not allowed. At the same time, keep in mind that portrait-style photos will be rejected. Both sides of your face should be equally visible.
- You cannot smile, frown, or make any facial expressions other than neutral. To achieve that, relax your face when you are taking the picture.
- Your eyes must be perfectly visible. Nothing can obstruct them. You are required to look straight into the camera. If you happen to wear glasses, you can keep them for the picture, but only as long as the frames do not cover your eyes. If you wear glasses with tinted lenses, you have to take them off for the photo. Sunglasses are not allowed either. Lastly, if there is no reason to take your glasses off, make sure that there is no glare in the photograph.
- You should make sure that the source of light is in front of you when you take the passport photo. It cannot create shadows on your face. Also, the light cannot be too bright or too dark.
- Headwear is not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo unless you are required by your religion to have your head covered. Even then, you have to ensure that your face is perfectly visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead and from ear to ear. The headwear should not cast shadows on your face either.
- If you usually have a beard, you can keep it for your passport photo or visa photo. However, if you plan on shaving it off, do so before you take the picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
As you may very well know, children need their own passport and visa, which is why they need photos as well. There are not many differences between children’s and adults’ passport photos, although it is acceptable that the head of a child covers less space in the picture. After all, their heads are smaller. The tips below should be of help when you take the passport photo or visa photo of a child.
- If you plan on taking the photo of a child in a car seat, make sure to cover the backrest with a white sheet.
- Taking the picture from above while the child is lying down means that you have to place a white sheet or a white blanket underneath him/her. The white background rule applies to children as well.
- If you want to hold the baby while the photo is taken, remember that your hands cannot appear in the picture.
- If the baby wears a hat or has a pacifier, remove them before taking the passport photo.
- Make sure that the child is awake during the photo shoot.
If you have gone to a photo studio before, then you already know that a set of passport photos or visa photos are not cheap. However, MyPassportPhotos guarantees high quality at a low price. A Chilean passport requires two photos, and MyPassportPhotos can get them for you for only $5.99. That is the equivalent of about 4,877 CLP. You will not find a better offer than this.
How to get Chile Passport Photos or Chile Visa Photos Online
If you decide to take your passport photos or visa photos with MyPassportPhotos, you are in for a treat. The services we provide are incredibly easy to use. Everyone has a camera phone or a tablet. Using the camera on one of these devices, take your picture following the guidelines we listed earlier. If you do not succeed on the first try, MyPassportPhotos allows you to take another photo free of charge. After you manage to take a picture you like, you can submit it for processing. From that point on, you have two options. You can download the image to print it yourself, in which case you need a printer and photo-quality paper. Or you can provide us with your address, and MyPassportPhotos will have your pictures delivered. The choice is yours.
For further information about the Chile passport photos or the services provided by MyPassportPhotos, do not hesitate to contact us.
Example of a correct photo