Have you decided to apply for a Colombian passport? Then you already know that the process includes some documents and information. As you will notice, you are also required to provide 3 passport photos along with the necessary documentation, and that is something MyPassportPhotos can assist you with. Instead of going to a photo studio to have your picture taken, with MyPassportPhotos, you can take the photo at home.
Since you are planning on traveling to a foreign country, you may also need a visa, depending on where you are going. If that is the case, iVisa.com can help you find out if you qualify for an electronic visa. And if you do, they can help you get one with minimal effort.
- Required photo size: 2.5 inches in height and 1.5 inches in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 3
Colombia Passport Photo and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
We already listed all the Colombian passport photo requirements above. However, some of them need a more comprehensive description so that you know what you are dealing with. In case you did not know, an improper passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection, and we want nothing more than for you to avoid that. The information below should clarify a few things for you.
- Choosing the right background for your passport photo or visa photo is incredibly important. It cannot have any colors on it, nor patterns or shadows. If you do not have a white wall in your house, the best possible solution is to take a white sheet and hang it on the wall. That should do the trick.
- Before anything else, make sure that your camera is at eye level. You are not allowed to tilt or rotate your head in any direction while taking the picture. It must face straight into the camera. Also, you cannot submit a portrait-style photo because it will be rejected. Keep in mind that both sides of your face must be equally visible in the passport photo.
- In a passport photo or a visa photo, you cannot appear with a smile or any other facial expression. Relax your face to achieve a neutral expression.
- Your eyes must look straight into the camera. You cannot look up or down. Moreover, if you wear glasses, take them off if the frames cover your eyes. Sunglasses and glasses with tinted lenses are prohibited in a passport photo or a visa photo. If you happen to keep your glasses for the picture, make sure that there is no glare.
- The lighting in a passport photo must be perfect. It cannot be too bright or too dim. Also, it is best if the source of light is right in front of you. That way, there will be no shadows on your face. They have the potential of distorting some of your facial features.
- Headwear is allowed only if you must keep it on for religious purposes. However, you must be careful so that the headwear does not cast shadows on your face. Also, your face must be entirely visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- You can keep your beard for your passport photo or visa photo, but only if it reflects your everyday likeness.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children are not exempt from having a passport or a visa. Needless to say, you must take their picture too. There are no significant differences between children’s and adults’ passport photos and visa photos, although it makes sense for a child’s head to appear smaller in the picture. Do you want some useful tips on how to take a passport photo of a child? Read the information below.
- When taking the passport photo of a child in his/her car seat, do not forget to place a white sheet on the backrest.
- When photographing a child from above from the lying down position, make sure to put a white sheet underneath.
- Remove the hat and pacifier before taking the picture.
- If you want to hold the baby while taking the photo, make sure that only the baby appears in the picture.
- Take the passport photo or visa photo when the child is awake.
If you have ever gone to a photo studio, then you surely know how expensive and time consuming it can be. However, with MyPassportPhotos, you will not waste time and money. For a Colombian passport, you need a set of three passport photos, and we can provide a set of 4 pictures for only $8.99. That is roughly 30,896 COP, depending on the currency conversion rate on the day you want to use MyPassportPhotos’ services.
How to get Colombian Passport Photos or Visa Photos Online
When using the services of MyPassportPhotos, you should not experience any difficulties. Utilizing a camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture by carefully minding the rules and guidelines we talked about above. You do not have to worry if your first attempt does not result in a photo you like. MyPassportPhotos allows you to make as many attempts as you want, free of charge.
After you manage to take a photo you love, you can submit it for processing. Once that is done, you are provided with two options. One, you can download the picture to print it at home. Just make sure that you have photo-quality paper. And two, you can give us your address, and we will have the photos delivered to you. It is up to you.
Do you have questions or concerns? Contact our customer support, and our consultants will address all of them.
Example of a correct photo