Are you getting ready to apply for a German passport? Then you perhaps already know that there is a list of requirements you have to meet. Among those requirements, you will find that you are expected to provide 2 passport photos. Did you know that you can get them online with MyPassportPhotos? So, instead of going to a photo studio to have them done, you can take your picture at home and MyPassportPhotos will help you so that you get 2 government-compliant passport photos.
While we are talking about international travel, you may want to take a look at iVisa.com. their job is to facilitate the online visa application process in case you are eligible for an electronic visa.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Germany Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the list of specifications above is complete, we feel that it is necessary to provide more information about a few of them to eliminate any confusion. After all, many people have their passport applications rejected because they fail to submit an adequate passport photo. It is one of the most common causes of rejection.
- Finding the right setting in which to take your picture should not be a challenge. All you need is a white wall. If, however, you do not have a white wall in your house, you can easily take a white sheet and hang it somewhere so that you can take the photo against a white background. Remember that the background must not have colors, patterns, or shadows.
- Position your camera at eye level for maximum exposure of all your facial features. Do not tilt or rotate your head as both halves of your face must be equally visible. Please note that you cannot submit a portrait-style photo. It will be rejected even if all other specifications are met.
- You cannot appear smiling in your passport photo or visa photo, nor can you frown, squint, or raise your brows. You must appear having a neutral facial expression, and the best way to achieve that is by relaxing your face when you take the picture.
- When taking the photo, look straight into the camera. Your eyes cannot be obstructed by anything, such as glasses or your hair. If you do have glasses, you have to make sure there is no glare in the picture. Also, sunglasses and tinted lenses are not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo.
- It is best if you choose a source of light that is in front of you. That way, it will not create shadows on your face. The light in the room in which you take the picture must not be too dark or too bright.
- You can keep your headwear in your passport photo and visa photo but only for religious purposes. Otherwise, you have no excuse. However, you have to be careful so that your face is visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead and from one ear to the other.
- If you usually have a beard, you can keep it for your passport photo and visa photo. Otherwise, you need to shave it off.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
It does not matter how young or old you are. Everyone needs their own passport and visa. That is why if you travel with your children, you have to apply for them as well. Taking their picture should not be a challenge. Here are some tips:
- If you take the photograph of your child in a car seat, do not forget to cover the backrest with a white layer. All background rules apply to children as well.
- If your baby is lying on his/her back and you want to take the photo from above, place a white sheet or blanket underneath.
- Remove pacifiers, hats, toys, or any other objects that may be in the shot.
- Make sure that your child is awake when you take their photo.
- There are no significant differences between an adult’s passport photo and a child’s passport photo other than the fact that a child’s head can appear smaller in the shot.
Price and Cost
You will be pleased to learn that when you use the services provided by MyPassportPhotos, you will spend less money on your passport photos and visa photos. For a German passport, you need 2 pictures, and MyPassportPhotos can give them to you at the unbelievably low price of $5.99, which is roughly 5.30 Euros. We can guarantee that you will not find a better price than this.
How to get Germany Passport Photos or Germany Visa Photos Online
Now that we covered the German passport photo requirements, we want to teach you how MyPassportPhotos works. First of all, you need to get your hands on a decent camera. It should not be very hard because almost everyone has a smartphone or a tablet these days. With it, you need to take your picture following the guidelines we talked about above. If you do not like your first attempt, you can snap another picture, and MyPassportPhotos will not charge you additionally.
As soon as you have a photo that you like, you have to submit it, and MyPassportPhotos will process it so that it is 100% government compliant. After that, you will be given two choices. You can download the picture to print it yourself, meaning that you have to get some photo-quality paper, or you can provide us with your address, and we will mail the passport photos to you. Simple as that.
If you are interested in learning more about MyPassportPhotos, do not hesitate to contact our customer support service. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Example of a correct photo