When you decide to apply for a Guyana passport, you have to take into account that some preparation is necessary. You must meet a few requirements and fill in an application. Among those requirements, you will notice that you are required to submit 2 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them from home with minimal effort. All you need is a decent camera and to follow the guidelines below.
You may also be interested in our website since you want to travel abroad. If you happen to qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you apply online for it so that you do not go through too much trouble.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Guyana Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Guyana Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the Guyana passport photo requirements above are complete, you may need more information about some of them just so that there is no confusion. A lot of people have their passport application rejected because they fail to produce an adequate passport photo, and we want you to avoid that.
- The background against which you have to take the passport photo or visa photo must be entirely white. It cannot even have patterns and shadows on it. A white wall in your house should do the trick, but if you lack a white wall, just take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. It works just as fine.
- Place the camera at eye level when you take the picture. That ensures the best angle. Your head must be straight so that all your facial features are perfectly visible. Do not submit a portrait-style photo because it will be rejected.
- You cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo with a smile on your face. You can neither frown, raise your brows nor squint. Your face must have a neutral expression. To achieve that, all you have to do is to relax your face when you snap the picture.
- Your eyes should be straight into the camera when you take the picture. Remove anything that may obscure them, such as your hair or the frames of your glasses. If you have to keep your glasses on, make sure there is no flash reflection in your photo. As you can probably imagine, you cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo wearing sunglasses or eyeglasses that have tinted lenses.
- The light has the potential of distorting your facial features, which is why you have to be careful with it. The intensity cannot be too high or too low. Placing yourself in front of a light source will help you avoid shadows on your face.
- When you take your passport photo or visa photo, you are not allowed to keep your headwear. However, if you are bound by your religion to wear something on your head at all times, you can keep your headwear for your photo. You just have to make sure that it does not cast shadows on your face and that your face can be seen from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin.
- In case your beard represents your everyday look, you do not have to shave it before you take your passport photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Everyone needs to have their own travel documents, and children make no exception. Needless to say, you have to get passport photos and visa photos for them as well. The tips below should be of assistance when you take their picture.
- Children’s passport photos and visa photos are not that different than the pictures of adults. However, it goes without saying that their heads can appear smaller in the photo.
- Children are required to be awake when their picture is taken.
- Do you want to use the car seat method? Do not forget to place a white sheet on the backrest of the chair to achieve the required white background.
- Some people prefer to take the passport photo of their infant in the lying on their back position. It is a legitimate method. But again, you have to place a white layer underneath the baby.
- If the baby has a pacifier, please remove it. The same goes for hats and toys.
- Only the child can appear in the passport photo, so if you want to hold him/her, make sure that no part of you is visible in the shot.
Price and Cost
Using the services provided by iVisa Photos is a lot cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. For a Guyana passport photo, you must submit 2 photos, and iVisa Photos can offer them to you for only $5.99. That is about 1251 GYD. The price may be slightly different on the day of your order dues to currency exchange rates.
How to get Guyana Passport Photos or Guyana Visa Photos Online
The online method of getting your passport photos with iVisa Photos is incredibly accessible. All you need is a camera from your phone or tablet. Use it to take your picture, but please remember to follow all the rules and guidelines we mentioned above. It is okay if you do not get it right from the first try. It is free to try again. iVisa Photos does not charge additionally for any extra attempts.
After you manage to take a picture that you love, you have to submit it for processing, and iVisa Photos will turn it into a government-compliant passport photo. Then, you are presented with two options: 1.You can download the processed passport photo so that you can print it yourself. That is if you have a printer and photo-quality paper. 2.You can provide us with an address, and iVisa Photos will send them to you.
Do you have more questions or concerns regarding iVisa Photos and our services? Feel free to contact us.