When you decide that you want to travel out of Jamaica, you need to consider the fact that you must first apply for a passport. You must meet a few requirements, fill in an application, and then go submit all that to the issuing authority. You must also provide 2 passport photos, and that is where MyPassportPhotos comes in. Instead of going to a professional photo studio, take your own picture, and MyPassportPhotos will turn it into a government compliant passport photo.
When you plan your trip, you may be eligible for an electronic visa. It depends on your destination. However, if you do happen to qualify for an eVisa, go to iVisa.com, and they can assist you with the online application process.
- Photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width. The head must occupy 65-75% of the photo
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- The picture should not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Jamaica Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
You already have the Jamaica passport photo requirements listed above, but we think that it is necessary to know a few more things about some of them. Things that will spare you the trouble of having your passport application rejected. After all, failure to procure a proper passport photo is one of the leading causes of rejection.
- When choosing the setting in which you want to take your picture, keep in mind that the background of the photo has to be plain white. No colors, no patterns, no shadows. You could use a white wall within your house as a background, but if you do not have one, you can take a white sheet and hang it somewhere. It will work just fine.
- Place the camera at eye level when you take the picture. That ensures an optimum exposure of all your facial features. Your head must be straight. Both sides of your face must be equally visible, which is why you are not permitted to submit a portrait-style photo.
- You are not permitted to smile or make any facial expressions in your passport photo or visa photo other than neutral. To best achieve that result, you have to relax the muscles of your face when you take the picture.
- Your eyes must be perfectly discernible in your passport photo or visa photo. Look straight into the camera, and make sure that your eyes are not obscured by your hair. If you wear glasses, take them off if their frames are too large. If not, you can keep the on, but make sure that there is no flash reflection in the photo. Lastly, you are not allowed to keep on your sunglasses or eyeglasses that have tinted lenses when you take your passport photo or visa photo.
- The source of light you use for your picture should be right in front of you. That way, there will be no shadows on your face. Make sure that the light is of the correct intensity as well.
- Headwear is allowed but only for people whose religious beliefs do not allow them to keep their heads uncovered. So, if you have to keep your veil on, for instance, you can. You just have to make sure that it does not cast shadows on your face and that your face is visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. No other exceptions are made.
- If your beard represents your everyday appearance, you can keep it for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children of all ages are required to hold their own passport and visa, which is why if you want to travel with your child, you need to apply for their individual travel document. Needless to say, you have to take their picture as well. The tips below should be of help.
- The child must be awake during the photo shoot.
- If you want to put your baby in a car seat to take his/her picture, make sure that the backrest is covered with a white sheet.
- If you want to photograph the baby from above while he/she lays on his/her back, place a white layer underneath the baby. All background rules apply to children as well.
- Remove the baby’s pacifier and headwear before taking the photo.
- When you decide to hold the baby for the picture, remember that no part of you can appear in the shot. Not even your hands. There are no major differences between a child’s passport photo and an adult’s passport photo. The only thing you have to remember is that since children have smaller heads, it is perfectly acceptable for a child’s head to occupy less space in a passport photo.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photo or visa photo with MyPassportPhotos is not costly at all. It is definitely cheaper than going to a photo studio. For a Jamaica passport, you will be asked to submit a set of 2 photos. With MyPassportPhotos, you can have them for just $5.99. That is the rough equivalent of 808 JMD. It varies depending on the exchange rate on the day of your purchase.
How to get Jamaica Passport Photos or Jamaica Visa Photos Online
Using the services of MyPassportPhotos could not be simpler. All you have to do is to take your camera and take a picture making sure to follow all the guidelines we explained above. Most people use a phone or a tablet, but you can use anything you have.
Once you have a photo that you like, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos via e-mail or direct upload on the website. After we receive it, we process the picture so that it is government compliant, and then we offer you two options:
- 1.You can choose to download the photo to print it yourself at home. Just remember to purchase photo-quality paper if you do not have some.
- 2.Provide us with an address, and we send the pictures to you.
Are you interested in more information about MyPassportPhotos? Please contact our customer support for help.
Example of a correct photo