If you’re applying for a new Malaysian passport then you’ll know how tricky it can be to get the right Malaysia Passport / Visa Photo Requirements and Size. A passport-size photo is essential if your passport has expired or if you need a visa to enter your destination. Wouldn't it be wonderful to get your photo (and your eVisa) through a simple online process?
iVisa Passport Photos is proud to offer an innovative online solution to get your Malaysia passport photos from the convenience of your home. If you’re based in the US, you can get a photo printed and delivered to your home in a few days, or, alternatively, if you’re a reader in Malaysia you can request a digital copy of the photo to be downloaded to your computer.
Follow these steps for a government-compliant passport or visa photo in no time.
Click here to start your application. Choose the country that you need the passport photo for. If you need a Malaysian passport photo, pick Malaysia. Depending on where you are, you will be presented with the delivery option(s) that are available:
- Digital download: An expert will review your passport photo and edit it to ensure compliance with government processing requirements.
- Print and Ship (US residents only): We will print your passport photo and deliver it to your address.
We offer an expert review service of all passport and visa photos. If you opt-in, one of our experts will manually review your photo to ensure it’s government compliant. Even though our system uses automated checks to verify your photo, our experts will catch details that algorithms might miss.
Upload your passport photo and check the expert review tick box if you want to guarantee your photo is government compliant.
The final step is to provide your personal details and payment information. Then simply submit the application and we will start working on your photo! It’s that easy.
Malaysia Passport / Visa Photo Requirements and Size
- Size: 35mm width x 50 mm height.
- Color: Must be in color. Black and white photos will not be accepted, nor any filters.
- Head size and position: The head should measure 25mm x 30 mm and should be facing the camera.
- Recency: No older than six months.
- Background: White only. No colors, prints, or patterns. *Smile: No smiling. Mouth must be closed.
- Eyes: Must be completely visible.
- Glasses: Only if prescription and the eyes can still be seen.
- Headgear: Religious purposes only.
- Dimensions and size (pixels): None specified.
- Clothing: Dark clothing which contrasts the background.
- Beard: Optional.
- Quantity needed in application: 2 per applicant.
Malaysia Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Malaysian Passport Photo and Visa Photo Requirements, Rules, Guidelines, and specifications
While Passport and Visa Photo Requirements for Malaysia are very similar to ID photo requirements, there are a few additional tips that we consider important:
- The size of the picture is very specific. It needs to be the exact size stated above or it may not be accepted.
- Your head should fill 50-60% of the entire picture allowing for a 10 mm margin between the top of your head and the edge of the photo. The same goes for the bottom edge and your chin.
- In order to properly identify you, the image must reflect your true, natural skin tone.
- If you normally have a beard then you do not need to shave for the photo. Long hair should be kept away from the face.
- Dark clothing is required to contrast your shoulders and head with a plain white background. * Avoid military or law enforcement uniforms for security reasons.
- A hijab may be worn only if it doesn’t cover the face. Other headwear such as hats, hairpieces, and jewelry are not permitted.
- Eyes must be directed toward the camera and visible. Glasses are fine as long as they do not block the eyes. Thick rims, glare, or tinted lenses (including sunglasses) are unacceptable.
- It's best to keep your mouth closed and maintain a neutral expression at all times.
- Make sure the image is in focus and not blurred.
- Double-check your lighting. An overexposed or underexposed picture will not be accepted. Also, if a flash is used, make sure the background doesn’t reflect the light.
- Do not make any alterations to the image like removing scars or freckles.
- Photos with red-eye cannot be edited by our team so please re-take the photo.
- Print the digital copy of your photo on high-quality photo paper.
Rules and requirements for baby, infant, and newborns Passport and Visa photos
If you are planning to take children on a family trip, keep in mind that each child will need an individual Malaysian passport or visa. This includes separate photos for each child. Group or family pictures will not be accepted. The above rules and regulations also apply to children but here are a few extra tips when taking photos of kids:
- No objects such as bottles, toys, car seats, or even pacifiers should be visible in the photo. If you hold your child while the picture is being taken, your hands must be hidden from view.
- Hang up a plain white sheet to camouflage the background.
- The infant must have their eyes open, mouth closed, and should be facing the camera.
- The child’s head should fill 50-60% of the entire photograph. The top of the infant’s shoulders needs to be visible in the photo.
Price and Cost
If you’re located in Malaysia or any other country outside the US, you can get a digital copy of your photo approved by an expert and delivered to your email inbox for only $5.95 USD.
US residents can choose the Print and Shop option and receive 2 printed photos for $9.45 USD. It’s hard to put a price tag on convenience, and you’ll save time too when our expert review detects any flags that could delay your application.
How to get Malaysian Passport Photos or Malaysian Visa Photos Online
iVisa Passport Photos will process your photo in a matter of minutes. Take your official photos on a smartphone in the comfort of your own home and get them delivered for the cheapest prices on the market. The iVisa passport photo app allows you to retake your picture until you are happy with the result. In addition, you can choose digital copies as well as printed copies via home delivery for US residents. An expert will review your photo for guaranteed government compliance. Our simple and easy-to-use website gives you maximum freedom to complete the task quickly, easily, and without worry.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Malaysia Passport / Visa Photo Requirements and Size, our friendly staff are a click away and they’re available 24/7. We can help you process your Malaysian passport photo faster than you can say bon voyage!