When you make the decision to travel to a foreign country, one of your first concerns is regarding the necessary travel documents. Depending on where you are going, you may need to apply for a passport. A Monaco passport is not difficult to acquire, but you must go to the issuing authority with a few documents and fill in an application. You also need to submit 2 passport photos along with all the documentation, and MyPassportPhotos can help you get them without having to leave your home. Just take your picture at home, and MyPassportPhotos will process it so that you end up with a government-compliant passport photo.
You may also need a visa for your trip, which is why we recommend iVisa.com. With their help, you can find out if you qualify for an electronic visa. If you do, iVisa facilitates the online application process.
Here are the Monaco passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: as a rule, it is not permitted. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Monaco Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
When you take your picture at home, there are several rules and guidelines you need to know about. You may not know this, but failure to procure adequate passport photos is one of the most common causes of rejection when it comes to passport applications, and we do not want that happening to you. Here is what you need to know:
- As stated above, the background of the passport photo must be white. It cannot have shadows or patterns either. A white wall should suffice, and if you do not have one, use a white sheet. Just hang it on a wall, and you should achieve the necessary white background.
- The best possible angle of your photo is achieved if you position the camera at eye level. Your head must be straight, and please keep your face forward. You cannot rotate your head in any direction because both sides of your face must be visible equally. Portrait-style photos will be rejected.
- The only acceptable facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral. You cannot smile.
- You have to look straight into the camera when you take your picture. Nothing can obscure your eyes. If you wear glasses, check the photo for flash reflection. Sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses are prohibited.
- You cannot have any shadows on your face in your passport photo or visa photo. To avoid that, the source of light should be right in front of you. Make sure that the intensity of the light is not too high or too low, either.
- Headwear is acceptable but only in certain situations. The only exception is made for people who cover their heads for religious purposes. But even then, the headwear cannot cast shadows on your face. Your face must be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin. That is the only compromise.
- You are not required to shave your beard for your passport photo or visa photo as long as it represents your everyday likeness.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to take your children on your trip? Then you must obtain travel documents for them too. With MyPassportPhotos, you can take their picture at home also. We even put together a few tips for you:
- Photograph your children when they are awake because their eyes must be visible too.
- Remember that only your baby can appear in the passport photo. If you want to hold him/her, wear a white shirt, and conceal any part of your that may be in the shot, including your hands.
- You are required to remove your baby’s headwear and pacifier before taking the shot.
- Photographing children in a car seat is quite common because it is more comfortable. If you want to do the same, remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white cloth.
- Infants are often put in lying on their backs position so that someone can take the picture from above. Again, all background rules apply, so make sure to place a white sheet underneath to achieve the necessary white background.
Price and Cost
What you should know is that taking your passport photo at home is not only more convenient, but it is cheaper as well. For a Monaco passport, you are required to present two pictures, and MyPassportPhotos can give them to you for only $5.99. In Euros, that is approximately 5.50. You will not find a better offer than this.
How to get Monaco Passport Photos or Monaco Visa Photos Online
We are now going to instruct you on what you need to do to use MyPassportPhotos’ services. All you need is a few minutes of your time and a decent camera. A lot of people use a smartphone or a tablet because they are more accessible than a professional camera.
With the camera you have, take your picture. Just bear in mind that you have to take into account all the rules and guidelines we shared above. After you have a photo that you are pleased with, you must submit it so that MyPassportPhotos can process it. That is how you end up with a government-compliant passport photo. Once the image is processed, you get two choices:
- 1.Download the passport photo so that you can print it yourself at home, in which case you are going to need photo-quality paper and a printer.
- 2.Give us your address, and we will make sure that the pictures you requested reach you as soon as possible.
Do you need more information? Then do not hesitate to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support.
Example of a correct photo