Are you a Sri Lankan citizen with a vacation fast approaching? Make sure you have checked the expiry date on your passport because if it’s out of date then you might need to get a move on. No one can travel internationally without a valid passport, and plenty of countries require citizens of Sri Lanka to have a visa too. Getting either of these essential documents is not a complicated process, although it can take a few weeks. If you need an electronic visa or a Healt Declaration, you might even be able to apply online at iVisa.com. When it comes to getting the perfect shot, iVisa Photos can provide you with the passport photos you need to submit to the Sri Lankan passport authority along with the application form and required documents. All you need to have is a camera and a few minutes of your time.
Since we are talking about international travel, you may want to look into the Visa Checker on our travel document website as well. With our expert help, you can find out if you qualify for an electronic visa. If you do, iVisa.com can help you get the eVisa you need with minimal effort.
Sri Lanka Passport/Visa Photo Requirements and Size
- Sri Lanka passport photo size: 45mm in height and 35mm in width.
- The photo must be in full color.
- Head position: straight, looking at camera.
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: plain white only
- Smile: A neutral expression is required.
- Eyes: must be clearly visible.
- Blurred pictures will be rejected.
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo.
- Headwear is not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes.
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: Your clothes must contrast with the background so avoid white tops.
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary per passport application: 3
Sri Lanka Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Sri Lanka Passport/Visa Photo Requirements and Size
Now that we have detailed the most important requirements of the Sri Lanka passport photo, we will move on to describe the top tips to follow when taking a passport or visa photo at home.
As you may already know, the background of the picture has to be white. You can take your photo against a white wall. If you do not have access to one, you can hang up a white bed sheet in the background. What’s important is that your background is free of colors, patterns, and shadows.
The light should be in front of you when you take your own passport or visa photo. That way, your face will not be obstructed by shadows. Also, make sure that the intensity of the light is not too high or too low.
In the picture, the head must be kept straight. Your face has to be perpendicular to the camera. Since both sides of your face must be equally visible, do not rotate your head in any direction.
Do not smile in your passport photo or visa photo and avoid making any facial expressions other than a neutral look. For the best result, relax your face when you take the picture.
Your eyes must be perfectly visible. It is recommended that you remove prescription glasses. The only way you can keep them on is if the frames are clear and there is no flash reflection in the picture. On that note, glasses with tinted lenses are not allowed.
Headwear is not permitted, as a rule. However, if you cover your head for religious purposes, you are allowed headwear in your passport or visa photo. But this exemption has its own conditions. For one, your face has to be visible from top to bottom. And two, your headwear cannot create shadows on your face.
If you normally have a beard, it is not mandatory that you shave it off for your picture.
Sri Lanka Passport/Visa Photo Requirements and Size for Babies
When you’re traveling with children, they will also need their own individual passport and visa. That is why you must procure passport photos and visa photos for them too. You can do that with iVisa Photos. We even prepared a few tips for you:
- Your child must be awake when you take their picture and their eyes must be visible.
- Your child cannot have headwear in the passport photo or visa photo. You must also remove their pacifier (if applicable)
- You cannot appear in your baby’s passport photo or visa photo. So, if you decide to hold your baby during the photoshoot, you must ensure that not even your hands are visible.
- For comfort purposes, you can take the photo of your child while he/she sits in a car seat. If this is how you want to proceed, make sure that the backrest of the chair is covered with a white sheet. The white background rule applies to children too. For the same reason, you have to put a white layer underneath the child if your plan is to photograph him/her from above while lying down.
Price and Cost
When you use the services provided by iVisa Photos instead of going to a professional photo studio, you’ll save cash as well as time and effort. It’s cheaper to get your passport photo or visa photos online because you can save money on fuel or bus journeys to the store. If your application is rejected because of a bad photo then you might have to pay to submit a new one. With the expert review that our service includes, you never need to worry about your photo being declined.
How to get Sri Lanka Passport Photos or Sri Lanka Visa Photos Online?
Now that you know how to take your own passport photo or visa photo, it’s time to get down to it. You will need a decent camera, although a high quality smartphones or tablet camera will work fine.
When you take your picture, make sure that you consider all the rules above. As soon as you have one that you like, submit it to iVisa Photos for processing. That is when we turn your picture into a government-compliant passport photo. Once you start the application, we will provide you with two processing options depending on your current location:
1.If you’re in Sri Lanka, you can download the processed image and print your own passport or visa photos on high quality photo paper.
2.Residents of the US can enter their address, and we will make sure that the photos are sent out as soon as possible.
Do you have any questions or concerns? iVisa Photos’ customer support service is at your disposal day or night. Reach out to a team member to discuss any queries you might have.