Do you have a trip planned soon? Then you may already know that if you want to travel to a foreign country, you need to hold a Sri Lanka passport. Getting one is not a complicated process, although it can take a few weeks. But in terms of difficulty, you have nothing to worry about. What MyPassportPhotos can do for you is to provide you with the 3 passport photos you need to submit at the issuing authority along with the application form and required documents. All you need is a camera and a few minutes of your time.
Since we are talking about international travel, you may want to look into iVisa.com as well. With their help, you can find out if you qualify for an electronic visa. If you do, iVisa can help you get the eVisa you need with minimal effort.
- Required photo size: 45mm in height and 35mm in width
- The submitted photos must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Blurred pictures will be rejected
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: the colors of your clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 3
Sri Lanka Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Now that we covered the Sri Lanka passport photo requirements, we will move on to the rules and guidelines that you have to follow in order to take an adequate passport photo or visa photo at home.
As you may already know, the background of the picture has to be white. You can take your photo against a white wall. If you do not have access to one, you should use a white sheet. The result is pretty much the same. Just hang it on a wall, and that’s it. What’s important here is that your background is free of colors, patterns, and shadows.
The light you use when you take your own passport photo or visa photo must come from in front of you. That way, your face will not be covered in shadows. Also, make sure that the intensity of the light is not too high or too low.
In the picture, the head must be kept straight. Your face has to be perpendicular to the camera. Since both sides of your face must be equally visible, do not rotate your head in any direction. Portrait-style photos are always rejected.
Do not smile in your passport photo or visa photo. Nor can you make any facial expressions other than neutral. For a good result, relax your face when you take the picture.
Your eyes must be perfectly visible. It is recommended that you take your prescription glasses off. The only way you can keep them on if the frames are clear and there is no flash reflection in the picture. Obviously, sunglasses and eyeglasses that have tinted lenses are not allowed.
Headwear is not permitted, as a rule. However, if you cover your head for religious purposes, you are allowed with headwear in your passport photo or visa photo. But don’t think that there are no conditions. For one, your face has to be visible from top to bottom. And two, your headwear cannot create shadows on your face.
If your everyday appearance includes a beard, it is not mandatory that you shave it before you take your picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
When traveling with children, they need to hold their own individual passport and visa. That is why you must procure passport photos and visa photos for them too. You can do that with MyPassportPhotos. We even prepared a few tips for you: -Your child must be awake when you take his/her picture. The eyes must be visible.
- Your child cannot have headwear in the passport photo or visa photo. You must also remove his/her pacifier (if applicable.)
- You cannot appear in your baby’s passport photo or visa photo. So, if you decide to hold your baby during the photoshoot, you must ensure that not even your hands are visible.
- For comfort purposes, you can take the photo of your child while he/she sits in a car seat. If this is how you want to proceed, make sure that the backrest of the chair is covered with a white sheet. The white background rules apply to children too.
- For the same reason, you have to put a white layer underneath the child if your plan is to photograph him/her from above (in the lying down position.)
Price and Cost
When you use the services provided by MyPassportPhotos instead of going to a professional photo studio, you will save some cash. It’s cheaper to get your passport photo or visa photos online. A Sri Lanka passport requires 3 photos, and with MyPassportPhotos can give you a set of 4 for the low price of $8.99. In Sri Lankan currency, that is about 1693 LKR.
How to get Sri Lanka Passport Photos or Sri Lanka Visa Photos Online
Now that you know the rules on how to take your own passport photo or visa photo, it’s time that you actually do it. You will need a decent camera. The one from your smartphone or tablet will do.
When you take your picture, make sure that you consider all the rules above. As soon as you have one that you like, you must submit it to MyPassportPhotos for processing. That is the moment when we turn your picture into a government-compliant passport photo. After we are done with the processing, we will present you with two options:
- 1.You can give us your address, and we will make sure that the photos reach you as soon as possible.
- 2.You can download the processed image and print your own passport photos or visa photos.
Do you have any questions or concerns? MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service is at your disposal.
Example of a correct photo