The United Arab Emirates passport is among the most powerful passports in the world. Are you planning on applying for one? Then all you have to do is put together a few documents and go to the issuing authority to submit an application. You are also asked to provide 2 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them without even leaving the house. You can take your photo at home, and iVisa Photos will make sure that it meets are the requirements for a valid passport photo.
More often than not, traveling abroad implies a visa as well. Depending on where you want to go, you may be eligible for an electronic visa. If that is the case, you should check out our website. With their help, you will enjoy a smooth and fast online visa application process.
- Required photo size: 2 by 2 inches
- The submitted photos must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Blurred pictures will be rejected
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: the colors of your clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
United Arab Emirates Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your passport photo or visa photo at home is somewhat similar to taking a selfie, but not entirely. There is a set of rules you have to follow in order to do it right. Below, we listed all the guidelines you have to follow when taking your picture.
- As mentioned above, the background of your passport photo or visa photo has to be entirely white. It cannot have any patterns, colors, or shadows on it. Most people use a white wall as a prop, but if you do not have one, you can take a white sheet and hang it on the wall. The result is basically the same.
- Make sure that the lighting is appropriate. If it’s too dark, your picture will be rejected. Overexposure is not acceptable either. You should choose a frontal source of light so that you do not appear with shadows on your face.
- When you take your picture, make sure that both sides of your face are equally visible. Keep your head straight and face the camera. Do not submit a portrait-style photo. It will be rejected.
- It is not permitted for you to smile or to make any other facial expressions in your passport photo or visa photo. The only allowed expression is neutral.
- It is essential that your eyes are perfectly visible in your passport photo or visa photo. For that reason, take your glasses off and remove your hair from your face. Needless to say, sunglasses are not allowed.
- Headwear is permitted for religious purposes. Nevertheless, remember that your face has to be visible from top to bottom. Also, your headwear is not to create shadows on your face.
- As long as your beard is a part of your everyday look, you are not obligated to shave it before you take your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to take your children on your international trip? Then you have to apply for passports and visas for them as well. iVisa Photos can help you with the photographs. Here are some tips:
- Since children’s eyes must be seeable as well, you have to photograph them when they are awake.
- You cannot appear in your child’s passport photo or visa photo. Many parents hold their babies during the photo session. If you do the same, even your hands cannot appear in the shot.
- You have to remove your child’s headwear and/or pacifier before you take the photo.
- If you want, you can put your child in a car seat for the photo. Remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer to ensure a white background.
- If you think it is more convenient, you can put the baby on his/her back so that you can take the picture from above. Again, you have to put a white layer underneath the baby to ensure a white background.
Price and Cost
Obtaining your passport photos or visa photos online is not more expensive than going to a photo studio. Quite the contrary, actually. For a United Arab Emirates passport, you have to procure 2 photos. When you choose iVisa Photos to get them, you will only spend $5.99. In AED, that is about 22. The exact amount depends on the exchange rate on the day of your order.
How to get United Arab Emirates Passport Photos or United Arab Emirates Visa Photos Online
Since you have all the necessary information at hand, you must be ready to take your own passport photo or visa photo. We are going to explain, in short, what to expect.
You need a decent camera, but the way things are these days, any smartphone or tablet has a camera with a proper resolution. When you take your picture, remember to follow all the rules we talked about above. Choose the right setting, take your picture, and that is it.
As soon as you have a photo that you love, you have to submit it to iVisa Photos for processing. That is the moment when we make sure that your picture complies with government regulations. After we do that, you will be provided with two options:
- 1.Download the image to print your own photos.
- 2.We can send you your pictures if you give us an address. Do you have any questions or concerns? Do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.
Example of a correct photo