When you decide to travel abroad, chances are that you need to obtain a passport. Getting a South Korean passport is not a difficult task, although you must pay attention to details. You need a few documents at hand, to fill in an application, but you also must submit a set of 2 passport photos. iVisa Photos cannot do much about the required documents and the application form, but we can help you get your pictures from home. That way, you do not have to go to a professional photo studio.
We also recommend that you take a look at iVisa Photos. The citizens of South Korea are eligible for several electronic visas, and if you qualify for one for your next trip, iVisa.com can assist you with the online application process.
Here are the general South Korea passport photo requirements and specifications:
- Photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- The picture should not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
South Korea Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
South Korea Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While we already listed the South Korea passport photo requirements, we feel that it is necessary to provide more details regarding some of them. You may not know this but failing to submit a proper passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection. We want to spare you the effort to repeat the application process.
- The background of the passport photo must be plain white. It must not have any colors, patterns, or even shadows on it. Most people choose to take their pictures against a white wall. Not having a white wall in your house is no cause for concerns. Taking a white sheet and hanging it on a wall leads to the same result.
- To achieve the best possible angle, you should position the camera at eye level. You are required to keep your head as straight as possible so that all your facial features are discernible. Both sides of your face must be equally seeable, which is why portrait-style photos are rejected.
- You are not permitted to smile in your passport photo. You cannot make any facial expressions other than neutral. The best thing you could do is to relax the muscles of your face when you are taking your picture.
- You are expected to look straight into the camera when you take your passport photo. The eyes must be perfectly visible. Nothing should obscure them. Remove your hair away from your face. If your glasses have oversized frames, you have to take them off. If you can keep your glasses on, you have to make sure that there is no glare in the photo. And lastly, sunglasses and tinted lenses are not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo.
- The light in the environment in which you decide to take your picture must not be too bright or too dark. The source should be right in front of you so that there will be no shadows on your face.
- It is forbidden to appear in your passport photo or visa photo with your head covered. However, if your religion compels you to cover your head at all times, an exception is made. Yet, you have to remember that even if you are in this position, your face must be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin, and the headwear should not create shadows on your face. Make sure it is not too loose.
- Does your beard represent your everyday likeness? If the answer is yes, then you are allowed to keep it for the passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
As you may already be aware, when you want to travel with children, you need to apply for passports for them too. Needless to say, you must take their pictures as well. But you can do that with iVisa Photos. We believe that the tips below can be of assistance.
- When taking the passport photo of your child in a car seat, like so many other people do, do not forget to covert the backrest of the chair with a white layer. You have to ensure a white background.
- Infants are sometimes photographed from above because it is easier. If you want to do the same, place the baby on a white sheet to achieve a white background.
- The child must be awake during the photoshoot.
- You have to remove pacifiers, headwear, toys, etc. from the shot.
- When you hold your baby for the passport photo, remember that not even your hands can be seeable in the shot. Only the child. You should know that there are no significant differences between an adult’s passport photo and a child’s passport photo other than the fact that a child’s head can take less space in the picture.
Price and Cost
When you decide to get your passport photos online with iVisa Photos, you will discover that it is cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. A south Korean passport requires 2 passport photos, and you can get them for only $5.99 when you use the services provided by iVisa Photos. That is about 7441 KRW, depending on the currency exchange rates on the day you want to make the purchase.
How to get South Korea Passport Photos or South Korea Visa Photos Online?
Using iVisa Photos’ services is straightforward. You need a camera, but most people use their smartphones or tablets. With that camera, you have to take your picture. But you must be careful to follow the rules and guidelines we discussed above. As soon as you have a photo you are pleased with, you can submit it via e-mail or direct upload on iVisa Photos’ website. We will process it so that it is government compliant, and then you will be provided with two options:
- Download the photo so that you can print it yourself. You will need photo-quality paper for that.
- We can send it to an address you give us.
Do you have questions about iVisa Photos and the services we offer? Please contact our customer support.