Are you planning a trip outside of Tuvalu? Then you may already know that you must obtain a Tuvalu passport if you do not already have one. The process of acquiring a passport is not overly complicated. You need a few documents, and then to go at the issuing authority to fill in an application. You will also need 2 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help with that.
Do you also need a visa for your trip? If so, you should check out our website. You may be eligible for an electronic visa. If you are, iVisa can be of assistance with the online application process.
- Required photo size: 4.5 cm in height and 3.5 cm in width
- The submitted photos must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Blurred pictures will be rejected
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: the colors of your clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Tuvalo Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Tuvalu Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your own passport photo or visa photo is not like taking a selfie. There are some rules in place that teach you how to do it and what to consider in the process. Down below, you will find everything you need to know about taking your own picture.
- Since the background of the photo must be white, you have to take your passport photo or visa photo against a white wall. If you do not have white walls in your house, a white sheet will do just as well. Just make sure that it is not transparent. The point is that as long as your background does not have colors, patterns, and shadows on it, you can use it for your passport photo.
- When choosing the right environment, consider the quality of lighting too. For one thing, you cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo with shadows on your face. To avoid that, choose a frontal source of light. Also, the intensity cannot be too high or too low.
- Make sure to keep your head straight and your face forward when you take your passport photo or visa photo. Since both sides of your face must be equally seeable, do not rotate your head in any direction. Do not submit a portrait-style photo as it will be rejected.
- The only facial expression you can display in your passport photo is neutral. You cannot smile, frown, or raise your brows.
- It is essential that your eyes are clearly seeable. It is preferable not to wear glasses as they can obstruct your eyes and create glare in the picture. As you can imagine, sunglasses and eyeglasses that have tinted lenses are not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo.
- The only reason for which you can cover your head in your passport photo or visa photo is if your religion compels you to. Otherwise, headwear is not acceptable. But if you do cover your head, make sure that your face is visible from top to bottom and ear to ear. Also, your headwear cannot cast shadows on your face.
- It is not mandatory for you to shave your beard if it represents your everyday likeness.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
If you want to travel with your children, you need to get passports and visas for them too. Needless to say, you have to take their pictures also. iVisa Photos prepared a few tips for you to follow in the process of taking photos of your kids.
- Since children’s eyes must be visible as well, you cannot photograph them when they are asleep.
- You cannot appear at all in your child’s passport photo or visa photo. Even if you want to hold your baby, conceal every single part of you that may appear in the shot. You should wear a white top.
- Many parents choose to photograph their children in a car seat because it is more comfortable. If you want to do the same, you should cover the backrest of the chair. After all, the background must be white.
- You can also put the baby on his/her back so that you can take the photo from above. Doing that means that you have to place a white sheet underneath the baby so that the background is white.
- Remember to remove your child’s headwear and/or pacifier before taking the picture.
Price and Cost
Did you know that getting your passport photo or visa photo online is not only more convenient, but cheaper too? A Tuvalu passport involves 2 photos, and when you choose the service provided by iVisa Photos, you spend only $5.99 on them. That is roughly 9.20 TVL (or AUD.)
How to get Tuvalu Passport Photos or Tuvalu Visa Photos Online
Since we covered the necessary knowledge for you to take your own passport photo, now it is time for you to actually do it. Just make sure that your camera has a decent resolution. The one from your phone or tablet should do.
When you take your picture, remember that you have to consider all the rules we stated above. Once you get a picture that you love, you are required to submit to iVisa Photos for processing. That is the moment in which we make sure that your photo is 100% government compliant.
After we process your photo, you will receive two options:
- 1.You can either download the photo to print it yourself, or
- 2.You can provide us with your address, and the photos will be mailed to you.
If you find anything unclear, please do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.