Are you getting ready to apply for a Vanuatu passport? One of the first things you have to do is make sure that you have all the necessary documents for the application process.
- Required photo size: 4.5 cm in height and 3.5 cm in width
- The submitted photos must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Blurred pictures will be rejected
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: the colors of your clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Vanuatu Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Vanuatu Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
When you take your own passport photo or visa photo, you have to follow a few simple rules. It is not like taking a selfie. But don’t worry. We prepared all the information you need to know down below.
- Since the background of the passport photo or visa photo has to be white, you have to take your picture against a white wall or a white sheet. All you have to know is that the background cannot have colors, patterns, or shadows. Also, if you use a sheet instead of a wall, make sure that it is not see-through.
- When you are getting ready to take your passport photo or visa photo, find a setting that is adequately lighted. First, the source of light should be in front of you so that you do not end up with shadows on your face. And secondly, make sure that the intensity of the light is appropriate. Not too high or too low.
- Keep your head straight and your face forward. Do not rotate your head in any direction because both sides of your face must be visible equally. Portrait-style photos are always rejected.
- In your passport photo or visa photo, you cannot appear with a smile on your face. Actually, no facial expressions are permitted other than neutral.
- It is essential that your eyes are not obscured by anything, such as your hair or glasses. If you have prescription glasses, it is best to take them off. Obviously, sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses are not permitted in the picture.
- Generally, headwear is not acceptable in a passport photo or visa photo. However, if you cover your head for religious reasons, nobody can force you to take the headwear off. Nevertheless, your face has to be visible from top to bottom, and the headwear cannot cast shadows on your face.
- If your everyday appearance includes a beard, you do not have to shave it before you take your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
With iVisa Photos, you can photograph your children too. You should know that there are no significant differences between and adult’s passport photo and a child’s passport photo other than the fact that a child’s head is smaller. Therefore, it can take less space in the picture. Here are tips for you:
- You must take the photo of your child with his/her eyes open.
- The child cannot appear with headwear on or with a pacifier in his/her mouth.
- The child must be alone in the picture. Not even your hands can appear in the shot.
- If you want, you can place your baby in a car seat for the photo session. Just remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet to achieve a white background.
- Another good method is to put the baby on his/her back and take the photo from above. When doing that, remember to place a white layer underneath the child to ensure a white background.
Learn more about Vanuatu and apply for a Visa with us!