When you make the decision to travel to Rwanda, what you need to take into account is that you probably need a visa in advance. However, you will be happy to learn that Rwanda’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain a Rwanda visa online. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the information presented below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Malaysia obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Malaysian national, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
Before you start the online application process to acquire a Rwanda visa, we suggest that you first put together everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
The amount of time you must wait for your Rwanda visa depends on what choice you make when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not exactly. Plus, keep in mind that it is the processing time you choose for your application that determines the cost of your Rwanda visa.
- Standard – USD $0.00
- Rush – USD $0.00
- Super Rush – USD $0.00
The prices mentioned above include service fees.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can spend up to 90 days Per Entry in Rwanda.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Malaysian citizen, you can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the ideal solution if you decide to visit all three countries on one trip. That way, you do not have to apply for three different visas. Nonetheless, keep in mind that for this visa to be valid, you have to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information required by a Rwanda visa, you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. You are granted three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD $100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD $100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD $100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and it ensures 90 days after arrival. The duration of stay for each entry is up to 90 days Per Entry.