Are you a practicing Muslim and also a citizen of Australia? To travel for Umrah, your travel dates must be outside of the Hajj season, and you will need a tourist visa. In 2013, Saudi Arabia began issuing electronic visas. This makes it easier for travelers from Australia to have online access to the digital visa application. So, you can apply anywhere you have an internet connection.
If you are not going to Saudi Arabia for Umrah, you can still go as an Australia tourist but you won’t be able to enter the cities of Mecca or Medina.
Questions and Answers | The e-Visa for Saudi Arabia (Umrah)
When can I go to Mecca with an Umrah e-Visa as a Muslim?
The Umrah pilgrimage must be observed outside of the season of Hajj.
Hajj is recognized from the 8th to the 12th or 13th of Dhu al-Hijjah, or the last month of the Islamic calendar. Since the Islamic calendar has less days than the Gregorian calendar, the dates will shift from year to year on the Gregorian calendar.
What is the cost of the Saudi Arabia Umrah e-Visa?
The total cost for your Saudi Arabia e-Visa and processing will be:
- USD 162.00 for Standard processing.
- USD 187.00 total for Rush processing.
- USD 212.00 if you choose Super Rush processing.
What’s the processing time for an Umrah e-Visa?
You can choose between three different processing speeds:
- Standard processing usually takes 5 days to look over and accept your e-Visa application.
- Rush processing will take 3 days for approval of your application.
- The Super Rush option will get the visa to you the fastest. You will have your visa within 24 hours.
What is the maximum number of times I can enter Saudi Arabia with an e-Visa?
An e-Visa for Saudi Arabia is a Multiple Entry visa.
Single-entry visas allow only one entry per visa. If you have a multiple-entry visa, you have unlimited entries into the country listed on your visa.
How long do I have before my e-Visa expires?
The e-Visa for Saudi Arabia expires 1 year after issued.
So be sure to book your dates correctly for your Umrah.
What information must I provide to apply for the e-Visa and to enter Saudi Arabia?
Make sure all of your information is correct and up-to-date. To fill out an application for an Umrah e-Visa, you will need a:
- Passport - We will need to see a scan of the passport bio page to verify your identity information. Your passport must have 6 or more months of validity remaining from the date you will arrive in Saudi Arabia. If not, your application will be rejected.
- Recent Passport Photo - A color photo is mandatory for many visas and must be a recent photo of you.
- Email Address - Once we process your application, we will send your e-Visa to your email address. Make sure your account is secure.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and many major credit cards.
With an e-Visa, how long can I stay in Saudi Arabia?
Your maximum stay will be 90 days in Total.
The Saudi Arabia e-Visa | Australia Umrah Muslim Citizens
Umrah is a glorious religious celebration. If you would like to get into Saudi Arabia easy, quickly, and securely, you can fill out the online application and have a tourist e-Visa in no time at all.
So, safe travels for Umrah, and may your experience be fantastic.