Learn More: Health Declaration
The Sierra Leone Travel Authorization was implemented to screen and test incoming international travelers in an effort to overcome the risks associated with the coronavirus pandemic.
All visitors are required to fill out a Travel Authorization before their trip. To successfully receive the Travel Authorization, travelers must have proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test result issued no earlier than 7 days prior to their travel date. In addition, travelers must get a PCR COVID-19 test upon arrival to Sierra Leone. Proof of payment for this test is required on arrival.
If your stay in the country does not exceed 5 days, you don’t need to get tested again before leaving the country. However, keep in mind that travelers are required to request a certificate of the negative PCR test result that was administered to them when they arrived in Sierra Leone.
Passengers arriving at Freetown Lungi International airport are required to get both a COVID-19 PCR and an RDT test in addition to the negative test result required to be approved for the Travel Authorization to Sierra Leone. Tourists who test negative for the RDT test will be allowed to leave the airport and travel to their final destination, where they must adhere to the country’s safety protocols while waiting for the PCR test result that will be delivered in no more than 48 hours.
To obtain this travel document, you need to provide contact information and flight details, as well as personal details about your health condition. You must have a confirmed airline ticket to complete the form.
Once you submit your application, we’ll send the Sierra Leone Travel Authorization to your email before your trip, so you can show it to the immigration authorities when you arrive at the airport.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result
All arriving passengers will be tested at the airport (PCR and RDT tests). After swabs are taken, you will be allowed to leave the airport and be advised to adhere to the health protocols. Results will be sent to the passenger via SMS and also via email within 48 hours.
Arrivals whose stay does not exceed 5 days do not require to be tested again before leaving the country. If not, before departure from Sierra Leone, you’ll need to pay for and take a PCR COVID-19 test through the portal within 72 hours of your departure.
The Sierra Leone Travel Authorization is part of the required document you will need to enter Sierra Leone, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your Visa when you enter the country.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
- Standard: 24 hours - USD 102.00.
- Rush: 8 hours - USD 117.00.
- Super Rush: 4 hours - USD 142.00.
- This is How Citizens of Malaysia Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Fundamentals of How Citizens of Kenya Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- The Basics of How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Learn How Citizens of the Philippines Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- This is How Citizens of Indonesia Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Essentials of How Citizens of Canada Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Fundamentals of How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Discovering How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Basics on How Citizens of India Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- This is How Citizens of Australia Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Learn How Citizens of South Africa Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- COVID Testing and Sierra Leone Isolation Requirements During COVID-19
- Quick Details on the Sierra Leone COVID-19 Test Protocols