Learn More: Health Declaration
SIERRA LEONE IS OPEN- Sierra Leone re-opened for tourism in July 2020.
The Sierra Leone Travel Authorization was implemented to screen incoming international travelers for COVID-19 related symptoms, identify their travel history and store contact details in order to overcome the risks associated with traveling during the coronavirus pandemic.
WHO CAN ENTER SIERRA LEONE WITH THIS DOCUMENT?
All visitors are required to fill out a Travel Authorization before their trip, regardless of age and country of origin.
GET THE SIERRA LEONE TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION
To successfully get the Travel Authorization, you will need a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued no earlier than 72 hours before your flight(s) to Sierra Leone. All passengers aged 5 and over arriving at Freetown Lungi International airport must also undergo PCR and RDT COVID-19 testing upon arrival in Sierra Leone. Proof of payment for COVID-19 arrival testing is required in advance. Keep in mind that you’ll be able to obtain this document only by filling in an online form.
DISPLAY THE FORM
Once you submit your application, we’ll send the Sierra Leone Travel Authorization to your email before your trip, so you can show it to the immigration authorities when you arrive at the airport.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Sierra Leone, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result
All arriving passengers will be tested at the airport (PCR and RDT tests). After swabs are taken, you will be allowed to leave the airport and be advised to adhere to the health protocols. Results will be sent to the passenger via SMS and also via email within 48 hours.
Arrivals whose stay does not exceed 5 days do not require to be tested again before leaving the country. If not, before departure from Sierra Leone, you’ll need to pay for and take a PCR COVID-19 test through the portal within 72 hours of your departure.
The Sierra Leone Travel Authorization is part of the required document you will need to enter Sierra Leone, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your Visa when you enter the country.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Sierra Leone?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID-19 vaccination passports or certificates are not obligatory to enter Sierra Leone. Now if you are a COVID-19 vaccine certificate holder, you won't need to quarantine. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered at least two weeks before traveling.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Sierra Leone travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Sierra Leone?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test after arrival: All travelers aged 5 and over will be tested on arrival.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 5.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet American airline entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the US!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Will I need to quarantine when I arrive in Sierra Leone?
- Quarantine requirements: Quarantine in NaCOVERC-approved hotel for unvaccinated travelers aged 18 and over until arrival test results are received.
- Quarantine exemptions: Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to quarantine while awaiting arrival test results.
What is the Sierra Leone Travel Authorization?
Is it mandatory if I plan to visit Sierra Leone?
My son is 7 years old, does he need to get tested?
What protocols should I follow when I get to the airport?
What’s the price of the Sierra Leone Travel Authorization?
- Standard: 24 hours - USD 102.00.
- Rush: 8 hours - USD 117.00.
- Super Rush: 4 hours - USD 142.00.
When should I request the Sierra Leone Travel Authorization?
How do I get the Sierra Leone Travel Authorization?
How long will it take to request one?
How many times can I enter Sierra Leone with this Travel Authorization?
How can I get more information?
Learn more about Sierra Leone tourism
Where can I read more?
- Sierra Leone Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Sierra Leone?
- This is How Citizens of Malaysia Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Fundamentals of How Citizens of Kenya Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- The Basics of How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Learn How Citizens of the Philippines Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- This is How Citizens of Indonesia Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Essentials of How Citizens of Canada Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Fundamentals of How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Discovering How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Basics on How Citizens of India Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- This is How Citizens of Australia Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- Learn How Citizens of South Africa Can Enter Sierra Leone During Coronavirus
- COVID Testing and Sierra Leone Isolation Requirements During COVID-19
- Quick Details on the Sierra Leone COVID-19 Test Protocols
- Sierra Leone Visa Policy