en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
South Korea
2,750+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+46,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

How to Apply: ETA

Fill out online application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Receive document via email

No need to deal with the embassy. We do it for you so you don't lose valuable time

Enter destination

Present your Passport and the Document we provide upon entry to destination country

How to Apply: Embassy Registration

Fill Out Online Application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Travel Safely

Your embassy will assist you if an emergency (eg. Natural disasters, civil unrest, etc) occur

Why Register with the Embassy

Travel Registration is a service provided by the government. This service allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad to the Department of State so it can be used to assist you in case of an emergency. People residing abroad can also get routine information from their nearest embassy or consulate if registered.

Required Information to Apply

Once You Have Registered With Your Embassy Or Consulate, You Will Need To Update Your Data If:

  • your contact details change,
  • your civil status changes,
  • you are going back to your home country.

Learn More: ETA

What you need to know

  • The K-ETA is a Multiple Entry travel document with a validity period of 2 years after arrival.

  • If you have more than one nationality, you should choose the nationality of the passport that you are going to use for the trip.

  • Your passport must be valid by the time of your trip to South Korea. It must be a regular passport.

  • If you get a new passport for any reason, you will need to re-apply for a new K-ETA.

  • Starting from April 1, 2023, until December 31, 2024, travelers from 22 countries/regions won’t need to apply for a South Korea ETA.

  • If you want to know if you are exempted from applying, you can check the Learn More section below, or use our handy iVisa Checker Tool.

  • It is highly recommended that you keep your K-ETA with you either as a soft copy (smartphone, tablet, etc.) or as a hard copy in case of any failure in the system.

  • iVisa is a legitimate company, accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.

Explore South Korea! Apply here for your ETA

Last updated: January 2024

South Korea, with its vibrant blend of traditional culture and modern innovation, beckons travelers from around the globe. Whether you're a business traveler attending high-profile meetings in Seoul or a tourist exploring ancient palaces and bustling markets, South Korea offers a rich and diverse experience.

You'll need one essential document to embark on this journey - the South Korea ETA. But don’t worry; we simplify this task for you.

Our online services and convenient iVisa app make applying for the South Korea ETA easy and quick.

south korea seoul tourism

What is the South Korea ETA?

The South Korea ETA is a mandatory travel document for visitors whose nationality is exempted from having to apply for a South Korean visa.

Once your South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) is approved, you can travel to South Korea.

What can you do with a South Korean ETA?

A South Korean ETA holder can travel for the following purposes:

  • Tourism.

  • Visiting a family member.

  • Participating in events or meetings.

  • Commercial business (excluding the pursuit of profit).

What can you not do with a South Korea ETA?

This travel authorization doesn’t allow you to do the following activities in South Korea:

  • Work.

  • Pursue studies.

  • Live in the country.

Who can travel to South Korea with the ETA?

Getting a K-ETA online is straightforward. But first, ensure you meet the following criteria:

  • You are from a visa-exempt country.

  • Your trip is 30 days or less.

  • You plan to travel to South Korea for tourism or business purposes.

Who is eligible for the South Korea ETA?

The South Korea ETA is available for more than 100 nationalities. Here are some of the countries eligible for this travel authorization:

  • Australia

  • Argentina

  • Brazil

  • Qatar

  • South Africa

  • Schengen countries

  • United States

  • United Kingdom

  • United Arab Emirates

Use our handy Visa Checker Tool to check your eligibility for the K-ETA.

Who doesn’t need to apply for the South Korea ETA?

Since 2023, travelers 17 years old and under and 65 years old and above are exempted from the K-ETA requirement.

Do minors need to apply for the K-ETA?

Travelers 17 years old and under from visa-exempt countries don’t need to apply for a K-ETA.

South Korea ETA validity: How long is the ETA valid?

This electronic travel authorization is valid for 2 years after arrival. It’s a Multiple Entry permit, allowing you to stay 30 days per entry in South Korea.

Can I extend my South Korea ETA?

No, you can’t. If you want to stay longer than 30 days, you need to get an appropriate visa at a South Korean Embassy or Consulate near you.

The easiest thing is to leave the country and re-enter or reapply for a South Korea ETA.

South Korea ETA required documents

The K-ETA application process is designed to be effortless. You only need a few documents to apply:

  • A valid passport - It must remain valid for at least 90 days after arrival.

  • Applicant photo.

Also, ensure you have a valid email address to receive the document and an online payment method to pay the fees.

Financial requirements: Minimum bank balance for South Korea visa

Remember, the K-ETA is not a visa but a travel authorization for visa-exempt travelers.

There’s no minimum bank amount for a South Korea Visa or K-ETA. Just ensure you have sufficient funds to cover your trip to avoid any issues during your trip.

How to get the South Korea ETA with us

To apply for the K-ETA online with us, you just need to follow these simple steps below, and you’ll be done in no time:

  • Step 1: Fill out our simplified application form with your personal information. Once you’re done, you can select how fast you want to receive your travel document. We have three different speed options.

  • Step 2: Double-check that all the information in the application form is correct. We want to avoid any issues with your application. Once everything is correct, you can pay the visa fee with a credit/debit card or PayPal.

  • Step 3: Upload all the supporting documents and submit your visa application form. Ensure that the scan is clear.

Once you submit your form, our team will process your request, and they’ll take care of the process on your behalf.

If approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your South Korea ETA. Print it and present it to immigration authorities upon arrival.

South Korea ETA costs and processing times

The government fee for the South Korea ETA is set at USD $9.00.

Our service fees, however, vary based on your nationality and your selected processing speed. We provide these processing options:

  • Standard processing time: A cost-effective choice, taking 4 days to process your South Korea ETA.

  • Rush processing time: Your South Korea ETA is processed within 2 days for an additional fee.

  • Super rush processing time: Ideal for urgent travels, enabling you to receive the ETA within only 36 hours.

Our team meticulously reviews your application to prevent any errors, ensuring a smooth start to your journey in South Korea.

Do I need a South Korea ETA to transit through the country?

No, you don’t. Transfer and transit passengers not entering South Korea don’t need to get a K-ETA.

South Korea entry requirements or restrictions

There are no current COVID-19 requirements for entry to Korea.

Where can I learn more about traveling to South Korea?

Have any questions about the K-ETA or any other travel document? Contact our customer service team via online chat or email: [email protected].


Errors can occur, so don’t worry because we have the solution. Connect with our customer service team as soon as possible to fix the issue. Remember that our visa experts are available 24/7.

iVisa will check your data and review your documents. If there are any errors along the way, the team will correct them not to risk getting a rejection. However, the South Korean government could ultimately reject it. If this is the case, you can obtain a full refund of the iVisa processing fee according to the number of applicants rejected. However, the government fee is non-refundable.

Recheck your application and decide whether you want to apply for it again and acquire the South Korea ETA, if so, you can count on the support of iVisa.

When you travel to South Korea, you must decide on the passport you want to use for this matter. If you have a Korean nationality, it’s better to use it to enter the country, as you won’t need any additional documents. If you go for your foreign nationality, you must confirm whether you need the K-ETA or another type of travel document, like a visa.
According to the immigration rules in South Korea, anybody entering with a K-ETA can’t change the status of their stay. However, it’s possible to consult your options by contacting the 1345 Immigration Contact Center of the South Korean government. If you plan to study or work in South Korea, we advise you to apply for a suitable visa before applying for a K-ETA.
At iVisa, we understand that your time is valuable, and we strive to provide you with the fastest service possible. Our processing times are estimated based on the average duration it takes governments to process visa applications. These estimated times begin from the moment we receive all the correct information for your application until you receive your visa. While we work diligently to expedite the process, it’s important to note that we are reliant on the processing times set by the government authorities.
Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat