If you plan to go on a trip to Uganda anytime soon, you should know that applying for a visa no longer requires a trip to the nearest Ugandan embassy. That is because as of July 2016, the Ugandan government started to release electronic visas, and that made things easier for everyone. The process is entirely online, even the application form, it is easy to go through, and you can get your Uganda visa in as little as 1 business day. All that is made possible by iVisa, a visa expediting company that will spare you the bureaucratic hassle you get at the embassy.
What you need in order to apply for a Uganda visa
Before you fill in the application form, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Even so, rest assured that the Uganda visa policy, as well as iVisa, will ask very little of you. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – all applicants must be passport holders, and the passport needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Uganda
- Copy of your passport’s information page
- A passport-sized photo – the more recent, the better
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow fever – if you do not get immunized against Yellow fever, you will be subjected to vaccination when you arrive in Uganda. Depending on the case, some quarantine measures will be taken. Children under 5 years old must also be immunized against polio.
The requirements above apply if you travel for tourism in Uganda. A transit visa also requires a letter that states the transit reasons and the destination country, and the East Africa Visa an itinerary and a return flight ticket.
How to apply for a Uganda visa
Once you established that you meet the requirements, you can go on and fill in the application form. It should take you about 15 minutes to do so, and if you need any help, you can contact iVisa’s support service 24/7.
The application form designed by iVisa has three simple steps. The first one will ask you to fill in your personal information, as we as some details regarding your trip. You must also choose the visa type and the processing time. This is one of the beauties of using iVisa. You are given options. Just keep in mind that your choice determines the visa cost. As for the processing time, you are given three options:
- Standard processing time – your application form is processed within 4 business days, and the price is $86.30.
- Rush processing time –your visa will be ready within 2 business days, but you need to spend $116.30
- Super Rush processing time – this is the fastest option you are given. It costs you $151.30, and your visa application is processed within just 1 business day.
As for the type, you also have three, and I mentioned them above. Only the East Africa Visa costs more. You will be charged $148, $178, and $213 respectively.
The second step should last less than the previous. You need to make the payment using one of the available methods, which are credit/debit cards, Paypal, WeChat, and Alipay. No embassy will give you so many options. You must also make a quick revision of step one. Make sure that all the information you provided is 100% accurate.
Lastly, you need to upload some documents, which can differ on a case-by-case basis. However, iVisa will notify you about what exactly you need so that you complete a successful application process.
The document you receive allows you a stay of maximum 90 days in Uganda. At the same time, all visa types provide a single entry, except for the East Africa Visa which allows multiple entries. As you can see iVisa is everything an embassy is not: less time-consuming, affordable, hassle-free. That is why you should apply online.
Apply for a Uganda Visa
- Can Australian citizens get a Uganda visa on arrival?
- Can I get a Uganda Visa online?
- Can I get a visa in Kampala, Uganda?
- Can I still get a Uganda Visa On Arrival?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the Entebbe airport?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the airport?
- Everything you need to know about the Uganda visa application
- How to get a Uganda e-visa
- How to get a Uganda e-visa for US citizens
- How to get a Uganda visa?
- How to get a Uganda visa at an embassy
- How to get a Uganda visa for UK citizens
- How to obtain a Uganda visa
- How to obtain a Uganda visa in Nigeria?
- Is a Uganda visa on arrival for Indians available?
- Special circumstances for the citizens of Uganda visa-free countries
- The easiest way to apply for a Uganda visa
- Uganda Visa Cost
- Uganda Visa for Indian citizens
- Uganda Visa processing time
- Uganda visa for Australian citizens
- Uganda visa for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan
- Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for South African citizens
- Uganda visa types
- What are the Uganda visa requirements?
- What are the most common Uganda visa problems?
- What is the Uganda visa photo size?
- What you need to know about the Uganda Travel Visa
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in London?
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in New York?