If you want to know how to report a lost or stolen passport, you have arrived at the right place. The US Government has made available three channels to report your lost or stolen passport. You can explore an online portal, mail the required form, or phone a specific number. iVisa.com has all the information for you.
Besides, we can help you with your passport renewal. Our one-stop process allows you to have everything in one platform without moving from your home. Our service is available for US citizens residing in the United States with valid US passports. Let us explain how to report a lost or stolen passport on the following lines.
How does the process work?
As soon as you notice that your passport has been lost or stolen, you need to go ahead with these steps:
- Explore the online portal of the US Government and click on the ‘Report Lost or Stolen’ tab. On the same page, you can apply for a new passport at the same time.
- For people who are more comfortable with mailing, you will need to complete and send the Form DS-64.
- Call 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793), and an agent of the US Government will take your query.
In terms of passport renewal, you will need to complete an online form and attach a photo. Don’t forget to pay for our service and the US Government fee. You will receive a kit with all the required documentation. Make sure to sign and ship the whole package. Track your application with our help.
If you’re traveling in less than 6 weeks, we won’t be able to help you as the standard process lasts 10 weeks. Still, you could pay USD 60 and receive your new passport in 4 to 6 weeks.
Continue checking how to report a lost or stolen passport.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
The service is open for US citizens with valid US passports. Also, you need to check if you fulfill these requirements:
- Your passport is in your possession.
- Your passport doesn’t show any damage.
- You are older than 16 years old.
- The issued date in your passport doesn’t go over 15 years.
- Your name is shown in your passport.
- You got your latest passport after or at 16 years old.
Renewing your passport is so simple. Go for it now!
We know how to report a lost or stolen passport. Let us help you.
Does iVisa.com need my current passport?
Our team doesn’t need your passport for the passport renewal process. We need you to wait for a kit with the following items:
- A DS-82 Form ready for your signature.
- A printed and stapled Passport Photo.
- A bank check covering the US Government fee.
- A USPS envelope that you need to ship.
Check the documentation and sign the form. Take the whole kit and your passport to the nearest post office.
We can tell you how to report a lost or stolen passport.
How much does it cost to get my passport renewed?
Pay for the US Government fee of USD 130. Add the iVisa.com fee according to these alternatives:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
The standard service takes 10 weeks, but you could pay USD 60 and have your new passport in 4 to 6 weeks.
Keep learning how to report a lost or stolen passport with us.
Travel to Australia with your new passport. Australia has the perfect combination of aboriginal wisdom, coral reefs, rainforests, massive deserts, and vibrant cities. Known as the Land Down Under, Australia offers multiple experiences in one place.
Go to the coast area and check the incredible beaches, like Bondi Beach near Sydney. Also, you can’t miss the Great Barrier Reef, a unique underwater paradise that Australia has set out to protect for the world. Make sure to book a snorkeling tour to check the beautiful sea wildlife.
Continue with Sydney Opera House, one of the most iconic landmarks in the world. The perfectly shaped building is the face of Sydney. You can take a boat to have the perfect shot or get inside to explore all the art and cultural services. In Sydney, you also have the Harbour Bridge, which provides a different look at the city. If you want to explore the desert, check Uluru. This fascinating place offers a sacred red monolith that stands in the middle of the Australian natural landscapes. We recommend taking a tour with local guides, who can explain how their ancestors will worship it.