If you are a US citizen living in Bangalore (Bengaluru,) and you want to renew your US passport, know that you have to address the issue to the American Citizen Services Unit at the US Consulate General in Chennai. You can go to the consulate in person, or you can send your application by mail.
Maybe you are worried that the process takes too much of your time or maybe you are not available to carry out this process, so iVisa has designed a new application for you if this is your case.
You can obtain your passport renewal online, all you have to do is start your application on our website. The application was designed so that everyone can complete it quickly and easily. There is nothing difficult in this application, we guarantee it. Start now.
Passport renewal in Bangalore is managed by the US Consulate in Chennai, and you can submit your application by mail or in person. However, to apply by mail, your passport has to meet some eligibility criteria. They are as follows:
- You still have your current passport. It is not stolen or lost.
- Your passport is not damaged. Normal ‘wear and tear’ does not count.
- You were at least 16 years old when the passport was issued.
- Your passport was issued within the last 15 years.
- The passport is in your current name. If it is not, you have to procure proof of your name change. For instance, if you have your marriage certificate or divorce decree, the criterion is met.
If your passport does not meet all the conditions above, you do not have another option than to show up and submit your renewal application in person at the US Consulate in Chennai.
Passport Renewal in Bangalore – Required Documents
You cannot apply for a passport renewal unless you meet the requirements. Below, you are going to find a list of everything you need for a successful application process. Here is what you have to submit:
- Your old passport – it must meet the eligibility criteria above.
- A DS-82 form – first, you have to fill in the application online, and then you have to print it. It must be signed.
- Social security number – if you happen to not have one, you must submit a signed and dated statement. The statement must read, ‘I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.’
- One passport photo – make sure that the picture meets all the US passport photo requirements. The size must be 2 by 2 inches, and the background has to be white. The picture cannot be older than 6 months, and you cannot appear in it wearing glasses.
- The document that proves you changed your name – if applicable.
Passport Renewal in Bangalore – Cost
The cost of an adult passport is $110. If you submit your application in person, you can pay using a credit card, a demand draft, or cash. US dollars and Rupees are both accepted. No debit cards or personal checks.
However, when you submit your application by mail, you need a demand draft from a national bank payable to the US Consulate General, Chennai. Before you get the draft, do not forget to check the exchange rate. Under no circumstances are you to send cash.
When you want to renew your US passport by mail, address the envelope to: American Citizen Services Unit, US Consulate General, Chennai Gemini Circle, No. 220, Anna Salai, Chennai – 600006.
Forget about traveling to another city to obtain your passport renewal, GET IT NOW online with iVisa!.